Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Swampfox Optics

Name:  Screenshot_20210225-063410_YouTube.jpg
Views: 3225
Size:  23.1 KB

Plates for rmr footprint (flat cut or posts) at launch, also making their own plates for various available guns (320, canik, mos etc..)

1 year estimated battery life with normal usage

Side mounted battery

I'm certain i missed some points but I'm just watching with coffee.

Also mentioned their existing dots will be available in green later on this year.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20210225-063410_YouTube.jpg
Views: 3225
Size:  23.1 KB

Thanks. What is the optic and pistol in the picture? And is it just me, but why does it look so HUGE?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks. What is the optic and pistol in the picture? And is it just me, but why does it look so HUGE?
    Looks to be a glock done up by Taran Tactical, as I believe they do the combat master package. It sits high due to using an adapter plate vs direct mounting so it can mount to current footprints. Overall size definitely appears chunky and they touch on that in the video. No direct comparison on size though, just that the housing isn't overly noticeable while shooting. Pending price, durability, future mounting options, and actual size in person...I don't see any advantage to this over current enclosed emitter designs and the lack of direct milling options would kill it for me, as I see the cross bolt direct mill design that eliminates the plate and vertical mounted screws as a positive. Putting a cross bolt on top of a plate with vertical mounted screws seems to miss an advantage of that mounting system, though you do get enclosed emitter. I'll still watch it until release and see how it develops.

I see the evolution of closed emitters sparking a conversation. Closed emitter .vs LPVO on defensive handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I don’t have the patience to watch video stuff like this, I’m a reader. I’ll wait for the written recaps.
    I made it most of the way.

00:00 - 01:30 - Various BS

01:30 - 09:00 - Review of history of Swampfox products, up till "Liberty" and "Justice". No new information.

09:00 - 11:30 - Brief discussion of "Sentinel A" and "Sentinel M" MRDSs for G43X/48/RMSc footprint. A = Automatic brightness. M = Manual brightness. (Apparently you have to buy either an "M" type optic or an "A" type optic, you can't have both A and M in the same optic.) Bottom loading 2032 battery. Must remove optic to replace battery.

11:30 - 15:00 - Liberator "2". Increased battery life.

15:23 - 28:00 Kraken - Closed emitter 1632 battery side load. "RMR Sized" footprint. Various Plate options. Tempered glass instead of plate glass. It's "a little chunky" (@ 24:08). 1 MOA dot with tactile clicks. Has a side clamp, sits a little bit taller. Can order with five different plates.

28:00 - Fin : Wrap up/summary/Flash sale (this is expired now of course.)
    Last edited by RJ; 02-25-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Site Supporter
    Thank you for doing that RJ!

Any transparency re country of origin on the new closed emitter red dot?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I hereby award @RJ 34 internets for saving me that many minutes of my life!
    Taking a break from social media.

15:23 - 28:00 Kraken - Closed emitter 1632 battery side load. "RMR Sized" footprint. Various Plate options. Tempered glass instead of plate glass. It's "a little chunky" (@ 24:08). 1 MOA dot with tactile clicks.
    Apologies: I think what was said was the adjustments were tactile, with a ‘click’ every 1 MOA, not the dot was 1 MOA.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post

Any transparency re country of origin on the new closed emitter red dot?
    Not that I heard, but I played it at 1.75 speed.

... And is it just me, but why does it look so HUGE?
    I think that's mainly the nature of it being an enclosed emitter optic? From what I see the open emitter is typically the window style we're used to seeing mounted on a pistol slide and closed emitter is the bigger box/tube style. Pics below are of closed emitter offerings from Holosun and Acro that seem to be about the same size/shape of the swamp fox optic body.

https://d3apgz7jqdnp73.cloudfront.ne...preset=list720
    Above is the Holosun version. I think it's just the nature of closed emitter dots?

Acro version:
    https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...torial-gallery

User Tag List