Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Swampfox Optics

Name:  1AB6BBF6-C49A-40A7-B0BC-2E59F0726584.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  79.8 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Right after Thanksgiving I ordered directly from SwampFox a Sentinel Auto bundle and opted to send my early production G43X (silver slide) off to Battle Werx for direct milling (Sentinel footprint is the same as the Shield RMSc) and refinishing.
    I was in no rush and anticipated a wait due to the holidays and the USPS delays (FUNNY HOW ALL OF THE MAIL IN BALLOTS WERE SENT AND DELIVERED WITHOUT DELAY!!!!).
    I received the Sentinel in early December and the other day the slide. I've been so far unable to shoot the pistol, but the milling and refinish from Battle Werx is outstanding and the fit for the Sentinel is perfect. The width of the optic is almost exact to the width of the slide, meaning really no overhang, and the optic fit the milling cut exactly.
    The field of view is not to big-not too small. The Ameriglo Bold sights kinda sorta co-witness to the lower 1/3, not a deal breaker for me. I'm liking the compact package and the pistol fits perfectly in both my Tenicor ARX and VELO4.
    More to come....
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    ...opted to send my early production ... slide... off to Battle Werx for direct milling...

... the milling ... from Battle Werx is outstanding and the fit for the Sentinel is perfect....
    About the milling, did they cut for posts and did they mill straight across or to the curvature of the sight? A picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanks
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    About the milling, did they cut for posts and did they mill straight across or to the curvature of the sight? A picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanks
    Affirmative on the posts.
    And, although my pictures aren’t the very best, the milling mirror images the contours of the optic, front edge and rear edge, with no gaps. As close a fit as could be possible...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Affirmative on the posts.
    And, although my pictures aren’t the very best, the milling mirror images the contours of the optic, front edge and rear edge, with no gaps. As close a fit as could be possible...
    That is some very nice work.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Well, for $100, that is certainly the way I would go. I wouldn't even mill my own anymore.

Now if they only did Walthers...
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Site Supporter
    Anyone using an aftermarket MOS plate for the RMR footprint models? I've recently acquired a spare MOS slide and I'd like to set it up as a backup with one of these, but I don't like the factory MOS plates and I'm concerned these won't fit on a FCD plate.

Site Supporter
    If you qualify for Military or Law Enforcement discount with Swampfox, I suggest you register. They run some amazing deals for MIL-LE sometimes on short notice and short duration. I just got a very nice opportunity to buy heavily discounted RDS. I have a couple of 22 pistols and one gamer AR9 that I wanted RDS and perfect timing for a "deal". None of these will be carried into combat etc. so I am willing to give Swampfox a chance. My other RDS from SF is doing ok so far on a M&P Core Gen 2 with low round count right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    If you qualify for Military or Law Enforcement discount with Swampfox, I suggest you register. They run some amazing deals for MIL-LE sometimes on short notice and short duration. I just got a very nice opportunity to buy heavily discounted RDS. I have a couple of 22 pistols and one gamer AR9 that I wanted RDS and perfect timing for a "deal". None of these will be carried into combat etc. so I am willing to give Swampfox a chance. My other RDS from SF is doing ok so far on a M&P Core Gen 2 with low round count right now.
    Completely agree.

I just received a 1-6 Arrowhead and hostile engagement rings. I'm not going into combat either and wanted to give Swampfox an opportunity, and to try the LVPO in general. Price with the discount was extremely reasonable.

I haven't shot it yet but build quality seems very good, finish is excellent, and the glass / reticle are clear and sharp (at least to my inexperienced eye). Eye relief and eye box seem completely useable for real world application after a little practice.

If battery life and durability prove out I'm a convert.

As a datapoint on battery life, I purchased one of the mid-September justices based on recommendations in this thread. I started carrying it early November. The included Malak branded battery was dead this past Friday afternoon. A new energizer was installed yesterday evening and everything looks good. The large thin o-ring was pinched during the initial install and came apart when I removed the battery door. I am impressed with how securely the battery is retained within the optic. Carry was 6-8 hrs/day at full brightness for the first month, then 3 clicks down after that.

I purchased a second justice on new-years and plan to mount it on the carry handle of my AR using the trijicon mount.

User Tag List