Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Swampfox Optics

Any other recent experiences on how these are holding up?

Site Supporter
    I put the Kingslayer on my Glock 44 with an aftermarket slide cut for the RMR footprint.
    Only have 150 though it but so far so good. I went with the Kingslayer because the sight picture is similar to the Holosun 507C that I have on my G34 MOS.

I've got a Sentinal M, inbound for my Smith .22c. Plan to run that in upcoming steel matches.
    Taking a break from social media.

Sentinal M inbound too for my 365 to replace the RomeoZero. Should be here next week.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Site Supporter
    Just got some Kingslayers in with the Red Circle Dot. Will put one on a S&W 41 that has a Weaver rail on top. Debating on using the second on AR9 or MPX.

Just got back from the first range session with the Sentinel M on a FrankenGlock. Seemed to work well enough so far, but I only shot 55 rounds with it. The blue hue and slight magnification seem to be on par with my HE508T, but there seems to be a tiny bit more distortion to my eye in the Sentinel. I had a little trouble with my sight picture shooting X rings at 12 yards. Not sure what the deal was, but between the optic and my glasses I struggled. Will have to work with it a bit to get that sorted out.

I also lost the little adjustment wrench the first time I got the optic out of the box. (The "L" shaped flathead.)I took an eyeglass screwdriver along to adjust for zero. It appears to me that there will be no improvising a tool for adjustment in the field. You either have a tiny flathead screwdriver or you are not adjusting it.

I inadvertently pressed the down button a number of times when racking the slide. Wish I could lock the buttons out. Guessing that type of feature can't be packed into this tiny vessel. Understandably so.

The slide on the FrankenGlock has 6-32 threads for the optic mount. The Sentinel does not have enough clearance for the width of the head on a standard machine screw so I had to fit the screws by reducing the diameter on the head of 6-32 x 3/8" machine screws. No protrusion in the extractor plunger channel. Torqued them to 15 inch-pounds with blue Loctite.

Name:  IMG_4872.jpg
Views: 1529
Size:  64.9 KB

My G43x slide has a .160" deep pocket. This is what the Sentinel looks like with 10-8 standard low profile sight with a .140" notch. (.250" tall) The front is a Dawson .250" x .105".

Name:  IMG_4896.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  16.0 KB

Dot on and cowitnessed.

Name:  IMG_4897.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  17.7 KB

Normal sight picture when shooting.

Name:  IMG_4898.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  17.8 KB

Side profile.

Name:  IMG_4899.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  46.5 KB

So far, I really like this little optic.

http://instagram.com/p/CLkLJwmFZ0V/

Screenshot for the old folks

Name:  Screenshot_20210221-164831_Instagram.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  27.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I put the Kingslayer on my Glock 44 with an aftermarket slide cut for the RMR footprint.
    Only have 150 though it but so far so good. I went with the Kingslayer because the sight picture is similar to the Holosun 507C that I have on my G34 MOS.
    Could you advise who did the slide cut ?

Aren’t the G44 slides mostly polymer?

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    http://instagram.com/p/CLkLJwmFZ0V/

Screenshot for the old folks

Name:  Screenshot_20210221-164831_Instagram.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  27.9 KB
    An ACRO style closed emitter sight?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List