Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Swampfox Optics

Swing and a miss. https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/senti...-micro-red-dot
    They were kind of an exciting company in the beginning, but there is some kind of disconnect here. The optic window overhanging like the SRO or new RMR makes no sense if the battery loads from the bottom. Oh, and the battery loads from the bottom on a new optic in 2023.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    They were kind of an exciting company in the beginning, but there is some kind of disconnect here.
    Personnel changes and a drop in customer service and quality control seem to have taken their toll. I've seen more issues with their optics lately and the support which used to be ace has dropped off hard. I'm unlikely to buy from them again.
    3/15/2016

Oh, and the battery loads from the bottom on a new optic in 2023.
    Name:  14b300a940f0a367ce0a19a63025cccd.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  25.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Personnel changes and a drop in customer service and quality control seem to have taken their toll. I've seen more issues with their optics lately and the support which used to be ace has dropped off hard. I'm unlikely to buy from them again.
    That’s too bad. I like the 2 I own.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Battery life update, Swampfox Justice:

Installed Duracell on 08/03/23, died on 01/05/24.

This was same routine of 6-7 days a week, 12-14 hrs/ day.

Difference here: was on setting 8 almost the whole time (80-90%). So on setting 8, I get 5 months use, and it was 10 days from low indicator to off, rather than usual 8.

I di find it oddly coincidental that these are all lasting right to the month, whether it be 4 (80% on lvl 10) or 5 (80% on lvl 8), not a month and a half, or month & 10 days, but within a day or three of full months.

Oils and Lotions SME
    I recently had occasion to use SF Customer Service. TL/DR they replaced 2 Liberty optics quickly and painlessly.

A few months ago, I accidentally dropped an M&P with a Liberty on it from waist level on to vinyl tile over plywood flooring, and the liberty went dark. No obvious physical damage, I replaced the battery to no avail. I then removed a Liberty from my CROM equipped Marlin 1894 and planned to mount it to the M&P. It was also dark, but not shocking since it has been ignored on the lever gun for a couple of years. I replaced the battery, and it also stayed dark. I submitted RMA requests to SF in early December for both, they approved them and replaced both with new within 2 weeks of sending them back.

CS was fine.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Oh yeah, their CS is top notch. Seen a guy buy a used one, had a scratch on the lense, they replaced it free, no questions asked. Pretty cool of them.

Site Supporter
    They were kind of an exciting company in the beginning, but there is some kind of disconnect here. The optic window overhanging like the SRO or new RMR makes no sense if the battery loads from the bottom. Oh, and the battery loads from the bottom on a new optic in 2023.
    Disappointing. The original Sentinel would have been a top contender if I needed an optic for a K footprint. Everything I liked about the original appears to be gone.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List