Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Swampfox Optics

Blade Reticle Question

@SwampfoxMike I like the idea of the Blade reticle with "drop" compensation for CQB. Being retired and not a hunter, I don't see any valid engagement (other than recreation) where I'd have a justifiable shot over 200 yds (if even that).

Question just out of curiosity about the reticle though.

Why have the 5yd mark at the bottom and the 50/200 centered? For a CQB focused reticle, wouldn't it be faster to put the 5 yd in the center and have the compensation move up? If I've got a 5 yd target I think I'm going to center and shoot, whereas as the distance moves out I probably have a little more time to adjust to the right mark.

I'm not aware of all the science behind it, so apologies if this is a stupid question.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skandar View Post
    @SwampfoxMike I like the idea of the Blade reticle with "drop" compensation for CQB. Being retired and not a hunter, I don't see any valid engagement (other than recreation) where I'd have a justifiable shot over 200 yds (if even that).

Question just out of curiosity about the reticle though.

Why have the 5yd mark at the bottom and the 50/200 centered? For a CQB focused reticle, wouldn't it be faster to put the 5 yd in the center and have the compensation move up? If I've got a 5 yd target I think I'm going to center and shoot, whereas as the distance moves out I probably have a little more time to adjust to the right mark.

I'm not aware of all the science behind it, so apologies if this is a stupid question.
    I'm nobody, but having the drop aiming point below the center lines it up with how I'm currently trained for patrol rifle use. The dot is centered, then if you have a need for a head shot up close you raise the muzzle to compensate, meaning you are now below the dot in your reticle. This model would give you a new reference point instead of guessing if you only have one dot, sort of like the eotech reticle has more landmarks. For a "surprise" shot, you're going to be aiming center mass anyway and the difference between POI and POA is not so great as to mess that up if you just use the dot (or center dot, in this case).

It'd be more of a bother to transition to the non-center dot for any other shot, and the difference between POI vs POA if you choose the wrong dot is, of course, more and more as distance gets longer.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I just swapped out a Holosun 507C with a Swampfox Liberty + Ironsides shield. Initial impressions are great. I'm a dot only fan so I like the 3MOA dot, and I feel the glass doesn't have the slightly annoying magnifying effect the RMR and Holosun have. I'm surprised how much that Ironsides gives me warm fuzzies after having cracked glass from a drop before. It does make the optic sit a tad higher, barely encroaching into the iron sight picture of the Ameriglo 3XL sights. The irons are still useable this way so I won't be buying taller ones. The adjustments don't bother me and I find the torx battery compartment more user friendly than the Holosun side tray with tiny ass slot screws. At this point between my wife and I we also have an Arrowhead 1-6 and Blade, so Swampfox has invaded my household 3 optics deep and I'm really happy with them. Forgive the yellow 3d printed barrel in the pics, I use it for dry fire.

Name:  128850268_676488826401820_3421345715944787146_n.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  22.8 KB
    Name:  128828424_1123857001363431_9757388627034488_n.jpg
Views: 2118
Size:  45.5 KB

Just ordered a Justice to try out in Carry Optics. At $200ish with a DPP sized window I figured it was worth a shot. I'll post photos when I get it set up and after I test it out. Might run it all next year in Steel Challenge

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Just ordered a Justice to try out in Carry Optics. At $200ish with a DPP sized window I figured it was worth a shot. I'll post photos when I get it set up and after I test it out. Might run it all next year in Steel Challenge
    I got a BF deal on a Justice and put it on a M&P 2.0 CORE FS 9. So far so good. Not many rounds yet but first impression positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Marion

I like the name(s). Despite all the patriotic lingo, it's all made in China.
    If you haven’t seen “The Patriot”, check it out.

Mel Gibsons character is based on Marion.

Finally got hands on a swampfox optic today while helping a friend setup his 43x mos. A sentinel and xs minimalist sights were installed and ran for a quick 100 rounds in the snow.

As far as initial impressions go, the swampfox seemed competitive for the market and price point. Round and clear dot for my vision corrected eyes, adequate window size, functional controls. Easy to install and easy zero. I'll be giving them a shot the next time i need a dot. As long as it holds up, it looks like a solid setup in the category, though he's a low round count casual shooter so i don't think it will get rode very hard.

Hits to a tacstrike 1/4 scale at 25 were an easy day going for sub 2 under a winter coat. Certainly a handy setup for someone interested in that size category and the wampfix seemed to make a nice pair with the gun.

Picked up a Liberty for my first toe dip into red dots. Local company, so far, so good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Threw my Swampfox Justice w/iron sides on my Canik TP9SFX and really like the window size. Time will tell how it holds up, but I plan to run it throughout 2021.

My only complaint: I think the marketing is incredibly cheesy and I took a sharpie to the logos on the dot.

Ordered a Justice for my Glock 44 with my Christmas cash. Curious to see how it holds up.
    Last edited by Lon; 12-25-2020 at 09:57 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List