Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Swampfox Optics

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    SwampfoxMike,

I did find the missing screws and can confirm that the M4x0.7 10.1mm length works perfectly in mounting the Sentinel to the G43X MOS.
    Hmmm. When I try the 10.1mm long M4 screws on my 43X MOS, I get severe extractor plunger interference. And the 7.5mm ones only engage a thread or so. @SwampfoxMike, do you have other screws available for the 43X MOS or do I need to chop one?

Awful pic:

Name:  D2A5F84A-D925-449E-BC72-DD7AB2176710.jpg
Views: 2012
Size:  17.3 KB

Edit - aha, it looks like Swampfox may have changed to a slightly longer short screw - there’s a knowledgebase post mentioning a 8.6mm screw on the right side. I’ll contact them directly.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 10-22-2020 at 04:09 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Hmmm. When I try the 10.1mm long M4 screws on my 43X MOS, I get severe extractor plunger interference. And the 7.5mm ones only engage a thread or so. @SwampfoxMike, do you have other screws available for the 43X MOS or do I need to chop one?

Awful pic:

Name:  D2A5F84A-D925-449E-BC72-DD7AB2176710.jpg
Views: 2012
Size:  17.3 KB

Edit - aha, it looks like Swampfox may have changed to a slightly longer short screw - there’s a knowledgebase post mentioning a 8.6mm screw on the right side. I’ll contact them directly.
    We do have 8.6mm if you want to email support@swampfoxoptics.com and see if the boys will send you a set. Alternately you can go High Roller and just buy our Ultimate Red Dot Screw Pack which is $20 and ships for free and has a PILE of screws in it. One of these sumbitches is sure to work properly!

https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/ultim...dot-screw-pack

Quote Originally Posted by SwampfoxMike View Post
    We do have 8.6mm if you want to email support@swampfoxoptics.com and see if the boys will send you a set. Alternately you can go High Roller and just buy our Ultimate Red Dot Screw Pack which is $20 and ships for free and has a PILE of screws in it. One of these sumbitches is sure to work properly!

https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/ultim...dot-screw-pack
    I really don’t need the extra screws, John at support is on it already. Thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Once the longer screws and new holster are here, I’m looking forward to proving this configuration. I think my aging eyes will appreciate the Sentinel.

Name:  A176E3A0-AA0E-4C0A-A782-425D9E30BF81.jpg
Views: 8652
Size:  104.1 KB
    Ken

The longer screws arrived while I was gone and mounted right up - a new 8.6mm on the extractor side, and a 10.1mm on the other. Now, if I could find a sugar momma to buy me a case of 9mm to sight in and prove the new gun before it enters service - I can be a kept man, and I like older women, so...
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Now, if I could find a sugar momma to buy me a case of 9mm to sight in and prove the new gun before it enters service - I can be a kept man, and I like older women, so...
    Careful or you’ll end up on the wrong side of a sportsman’s double...
    Name:  CBD1D3C8-FF8B-4C15-98E3-C5CAD6F1D487.jpeg
Views: 1647
Size:  36.9 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Careful or you’ll end up on the wrong side of a sportsman’s double...
    Name:  CBD1D3C8-FF8B-4C15-98E3-C5CAD6F1D487.jpeg
Views: 1647
Size:  36.9 KB
    I’d consider it for Lawman 124... not for WWB.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    I'm so impressed with the Trihawk I ordered a Blade and Sentinel.

As far as the Trihawk goes, I was limited to 100 yds but at the same time that's about as far as I can ever shoot anyway. Razor sharp reticle, and the shake-n-wake seems to work just fine - this is my first optic with that feature, I admit I was a bit leery. Optic held zero...with some basic and preventable foresight/prep. The mounting screws did work loose initially on my first range trip, but not after I put blue loctite on them. Not an issue and it was even something I considered beforehand, so just something to be aware of. With that corrected, I have had and foresee no issues with normal (by PF standards, fairly heavy by most others) use.

3x has its own pros and con vs 1x prisms or "regular" dots, and I've stated before and even recently that I see no real advantages to a 1x prism vs a blurry dot. But I've changed my mind. While testing will tell the whole story, I've come to believe a sharp reticle may be a substantial improvement over a blurry dot at 50+ yds. After familiarization I'll be running timed drills with an accuracy penalty to see which suits me best.

Regarding the Trihawk, overall I expected it to be "ok" and live on a range gun but it's overperformed. I'm quite impressed. There's a bit of a weight penalty but I believe it would do quite well on an HD or hunting gun. I don't hunt myself (got enough expensive hobbies already) but my brother said it'd do well on a deer gun.
    Can we get an update on your Blade? My 9mm AR needs a new optic.

I'm definitely interested in the 1-4x24 Tomahawk for mounting on my 336. An LPV is about perfect for a lever gun with a limited (<200y) range.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Can we get an update on your Blade? My 9mm AR needs a new optic.

I'm definitely interested in the 1-4x24 Tomahawk for mounting on my 336. An LPV is about perfect for a lever gun with a limited (<200y) range.
    Oh, well, since you asked. There's a couple things I noticed.

If you're used to red dots, the Blade is not a light optic as far as weight (obviously, it's a prism). But after years of seeing a distorted blob, that sharp reticle on 1x is something else. The reticle is as sharp as the Trihawk, and held zero over a couple hundred rounds of normal range use. Sample of one and all, but it certainly did everything I'd need it to do.

The glass on the Trihawk (and my MRO, and H2, and Pro) seems to be "brighter", for lack of a better word, than the Blade. Indoors (my basement) the Blade has a noticeably darker tint. This is not really noticeable at all outdoors as far as I can tell. And it's not a problem, and doesn't seem to affect overall clarity. Just looks a bit darker indoors, like really weak sunglasses. I can ignore that for the price.

The weight is what it is, the tint may either be one-off or may be unavoidable, but I do have to say this punches outside its weight class.

Why did you go with a 1632 vice a 2032? I am awash in 2032s and That is what I use in my LPVO and my T1. Do you have a optic that takes a 2032 that I can put on a RMRed Glock 19 MOS or G45 with RMR footprint?

User Tag List