Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Swampfox Optics

So, what's the verdict on Kraken at the start of 2023? Reviews at retail sites are full of complainers - mostly pieces breaking off or lenses popping.

I'm asking in comparison to Acro P2, Holosun HE509T, and Steiner MPS.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    So, what's the verdict on Kraken at the start of 2023? Reviews at retail sites are full of complainers - mostly pieces breaking off or lenses popping.

I'm asking in comparison to Acro P2, Holosun HE509T, and Steiner MPS.
    I feel like even with this optic Swampfox is chasing instead of leading. I can't logically pick the Kraken when the Holosun 509T exists. They overcompensated with an overly chunky optic in order to pass the Sage Dynamics drop test, only for him to ignore it and not test it at all. Their emitter is not as efficient as Holosun's because Holosun won't sell that tech to their competitors. The Acro P2 is an outstanding optic and Aimpoint is the pinnacle of quality, but I still prefer the Holosun 509T over it. Holosun's pure focus on LED emitter optics, lasers, and lighting is working in their favor as they are aren't concerned with maintaining traditional scope product lines and focus all of their R&D energy in this category. It seems they are winning. I think the reason a lot of the bigger scope companies like Vortex don't have competitive pistol optics is simply them conceding a large chunk of the red dot market and focusing on what Holosun doesn't compete at.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I feel like even with this optic Swampfox is chasing instead of leading. I can't logically pick the Kraken when the Holosun 509T exists. They overcompensated with an overly chunky optic in order to pass the Sage Dynamics drop test, only for him to ignore it and not test it at all. Their emitter is not as efficient as Holosun's because Holosun won't sell that tech to their competitors. The Acro P2 is an outstanding optic and Aimpoint is the pinnacle of quality, but I still prefer the Holosun 509T over it. Holosun's pure focus on LED emitter optics, lasers, and lighting is working in their favor as they are aren't concerned with maintaining traditional scope product lines and focus all of their R&D energy in this category. It seems they are winning. I think the reason a lot of the bigger scope companies like Vortex don't have competitive pistol optics is simply them conceding a large chunk of the red dot market and focusing on what Holosun doesn't compete at.
    Agreed to almost all of the above but if I am not mistaken holosun does make the emitter. Just a lower level version

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Agreed to almost all of the above but if I am not mistaken holosun does make the emitter. Just a lower level version
    There used to be a Swampfox industry forum on arfcom where Mike (a Swampfox rep, who is on this forum as well) explicitly stated that Holosun won't sell their emitters to them.

Yeah that subforum got shitcanned for some reason, don't know why.

I will say as much as happy as I am with the performance of my Justice and Liberty, it seems, academically at least, they've missed the boat on the Kracken, in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    There used to be a Swampfox industry forum on arfcom where Mike (a Swampfox rep, who is on this forum as well) explicitly stated that Holosun won't sell their emitters to them.
    Ah thanks. Good to know

They are great for what they are. Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to outfit everything you build with a 3000 piece of glass.

As the world turns...

Only issue so far with the Justice is battery life. The Chinesium that came with it, then a Panasonic, and now a Duracell that just showed low batt indicator today, each go 4 months.

When the indicator shows (a slight flicker when changing settings, this was confirmed through email with the company, not sure why it's not in the manual) you have about 5 days left.

Now, this is carrying it 6-7 days a week, pretty much 10-12 hrs a day, mostly on setting 8, probably 30% on 10.

Shake awake, so off at night.

Hoping Energizer will last longer. Are they known to be better? I've heard some scuttlebutt about Duracell going down in quality lately.

On second thought, I've probably had it in setting 10 about 50% of that time.

Got a Sentinel for my Sheld plus, and it will need a Ade shim to get the angle right. Other than that, it should make the thing the thing.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List