Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 625 engineering changes

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daved20319 View Post
    I added a 625-6 "Model of 1989" .45 ACP to my collection last April, and frankly, I'm starting to second guess myself. Don't get me wrong, it's an outstanding revolver, but I'm just far more comfortable with a semi-auto. I've gotten in several range trips since getting it, and I'm just not falling in love, I enjoy my Sig P220 or my CZ 97 BD far more. I got it because I felt I should have at least one revolver, and I went with the 625 simply because I already load for .45 ACP, and wasn't interested in adding another caliber to the reloading line-up. Truth is, I think it's going to be up for sale fairly soon.

But to get back to the thread title, as I understand it, this is the last pre-lock model and the first with the MIM trigger and hammer. Mine has the 5" barrel and came with the Hogue Mono-grip, which I changed out for a Hogue Tamer, it just fits my hand better, and helps reduce the already light recoil even more. I really don't know why I don't like this gun more, I love the way it looks and feels, and with the BMT Mooner tool, moon clips are a joy. The trigger is outstanding, recoil is mild, and accuracy is excellent. I love just about everything except shooting it, for some reason, that just ain't tripping my trigger, if you know what I mean . Oh well, it was a fun experiment, and I suspect I won't have any trouble recovering my cost. Later.

Dave
    What do you want for it?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    {Drool}

Sorry. But that is one nice gun.
    THanks, I love it.

Of current production Smiths, the "best" one is probably the 625-JM model, not the Performance Center gun. My experience with the JM guns is that they're pretty decent from the factory, but will still require an action tune to be fully functional. The problem is that the Performance Center guns also require an action job, but costs about $150 bucks more.

User Tag List