Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gray Man movie in the works on Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I am part Sicilian...so I got that going for me.
    Any time I hear the word Sicilian I can't help myself.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I found the one Gray Man novel I read quite forgettable,
    They are more or less a reincarnation of the bygone stuff from Don Pendelton, et al. Quick and easy to read. Good for traveling by plane, etc where something's needed to pass the time but nothing that requires deep attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I've been meaning to read some Jack Carr.
    Jack Carr:

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I've been meaning to read some Jack Carr.
    He's well worth your time. I've read all three of his novels and enjoyed them.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    People like Martin Scorcese and Stephen Spielberg have been lamenting that Netflix is ruining Hollywood. Nope, Hollywood has done a good job doing that all on it's own. These days most of the stuff that's truly creative and interesting is on the streaming services.
    Another thing I think has changed the landscape are shows that are as interesting as movies. Action, adventure and adult drama in 40-50min segments that can be started anytime you are ready. I think Breaking Bad changed things for MrsMMc and I, anymore carving out 1-2hr to watch a whole movie is rare, but kicking out one or two episodes happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    People like Martin Scorcese and Stephen Spielberg have been lamenting that Netflix is ruining Hollywood. Nope, Hollywood has done a good job doing that all on it's own. These days most of the stuff that's truly creative and interesting is on the streaming services.
    Traditional movie directors work in a format that's 90-120 minutes long, occasionally a bit more, which dictates the pace and limits the complexity of the story. Showrunners for Netflix, AMC, Amazon, and others work in an open-ended format, although it's starting to become clear that 4-5 seasons is the outside limit. They can stretch storylines out over years, weave them back onto themselves, and weave storylines together in a way that traditional directors can't.

It's the people who are ruining Hollywood--they're the same self-important, out-of-touch jackasses they've always been.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    He's well worth your time. I've read all three of his novels and enjoyed them.
    Yeah I've read all 3 since that post, really good books.

Jack Carr gives a "shout out" to Mark Greaney/Gray Man in the acknowledgements of his last novel.

My wife and I both enjoy Jack Carr’s novels. I have the books, but we prefer listening to the audiobooks on road trips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Jack Carr gives a "shout out" to Mark Greaney/Gray Man in the acknowledgements of his last novel.
    I picked up the first Gray Man book based on the recommendation and did like the main character but thought the villain was a little too incompetent. Revenge-thrillers need good villains.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List