Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gray Man movie in the works on Netflix

You guys have forced me to see what all this hoopla regarding Jack Carr is about...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You guys have forced me to see what all this hoopla regarding Jack Carr is about...
    If revenge stories and the brutal application of violence on people who deserve it are your thing, you'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    If revenge stories and the brutal application of violence on people who deserve it are your thing, you'll like it.
    I am part Sicilian...so I got that going for me.

Netflix and Amazon Prime are going to bury traditional Hollywood.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Netflix and Amazon Prime are going to bury traditional Hollywood.
    ETA: they already have...

The same thing happened to Hollywood as happened to the big music industry. They ended up with people in charge who were too afraid to stray from “what worked the last time” and they’ve been churning out the same half dozen movies for the last twenty plus years. People have been tired of it for a while based on box office sales. Add in covid and I doubt half of the existing Cinemas in the country will reopen post-shutdown.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    ETA: they already have...

The same thing happened to Hollywood as happened to the big music industry. They ended up with people in charge who were too afraid to stray from “what worked the last time” and they’ve been churning out the same half dozen movies for the last twenty plus years. People have been tired of it for a while based on box office sales. Add in covid and I doubt half of the existing Cinemas in the country will reopen post-shutdown.
    Agreed.

People like Martin Scorcese and Stephen Spielberg have been lamenting that Netflix is ruining Hollywood. Nope, Hollywood has done a good job doing that all on it's own. These days most of the stuff that's truly creative and interesting is on the streaming services.

I just wish there were more good shows to choose from. I'm bored to tears with the same old pablum by and large. The exceptions are welcome relief.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I just wish there were more good shows to choose from. I'm bored to tears with the same old pablum by and large. The exceptions are welcome relief.
    When I actually start looking forward to drivel like Yellowstone I know it's going to be a long hot summer.

Lookin' forward to this as I've enjoyed the Grey Man books. Not as much as the John Rain series, which were completely tripped up by the John Wick movies, unfortunately, but enjoyed them none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    When I actually start looking forward to drivel like Yellowstone I know it's going to be a long hot summer.
    The early reviews kept me away from that one.

User Tag List