Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Hellcat banned from my department

Vending Machine Operator
    Concerning. I held the Hellcat at my local shop and really liked it, but these days I'm pretty much zero exceptions on my "2 years of the design being on the market before I buy" rule. I've seen it vindicated too many times.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    We recently received an email that the Hellcat is no longer approved for carry on or off duty based on a malfunction that causes the trigger to lock into place. A video demonstrates the issue, so if anyone wishes to attempt to replicate it, the steps appear to be:

1: Partially press the trigger, enough to activate the safety tab, then release. (Ie, started to shoot, situation changed, and did not need to shoot)

2: Then attempt to press the trigger as normal (Ie, situation changed again and now you need to shoot) and the trigger will not move.
    The Furher will be pleased.

Clearly more #GripZone will fix this.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    This is concerning to me because I had my eye on one. I’ll wait till it plays out but it’s still a Springfield polymer. Maybe maybe not

I messed with mine for a little while and couldn't replicate it. I'll stand by for the experts to dissect it further.

And I’ll be messing with mine in the morning. Been carrying it every day for about 8 months, and love it. Dead reliable and a great shooter, but be certain I’ll be following this thread with more than passing interest.
    Skip

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Did this happen to one pistol or several? I don't own one, just curious.
    I don't know. The only thing I can say with certainty is it was enough of a concern that we can't carry them until we get the all clear. It's listed as "temporary" so I would assume that means a fix is likely at some point, but that's an assumption on my part.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Concerning. I held the Hellcat at my local shop and really liked it, but these days I'm pretty much zero exceptions on my "2 years of the design being on the market before I buy" rule. I've seen it vindicated too many times.
    Make sure you shoot one. Unlike many here, I’m not an XD hater. Yet, I did not like how the Hellcat shot. Did a side be side with the P365, and thought the 365 shot better.

Has anyone tried this same trigger manipulation evolution with other trigger safety guns?

Just bare naked triggers here.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    This...

User Tag List