Page 96 of 122 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I agree that a safety tab stopping an ND is pretty marginal, but I'll make 2 observations.

I think the curved nature of the Glock trigger across the face on both sides of the trigger safety could be one of those tiny angels on the head of a pin factors in an outlier event.

More realistically, any trigger safety prevents friction on the SIDE of the trigger shoe from pulling the trigger. Bubba using a bad leather or nylon holster, gun in a holster in a bag ,and foreign object in a WML holster, that could be a real factor.
    The mothership agrees "[I]The trigger safety is designed to protect against firing, if the pistol is dropped or the trigger is subjected to lateral pressure.[/I]"

My very informal but lenghty tests with household items, garments and carry holsters support this. It takes a surprising amount of effort to get a Glock to go off in the holster / upon reholstering. As opposed to say a P365. Of course, a fat sausage in the trigger guard upon reholstering will manage to make both go off no problemo ;-)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    The mothership agrees "[I]The trigger safety is designed to protect against firing, if the pistol is dropped or the trigger is subjected to lateral pressure.[/I]"

My very informal but lenghty tests with household items, garments and carry holsters support this. It takes a surprising amount of effort to get a Glock to go off in the holster / upon reholstering. As opposed to say a P365. Of course, a fat sausage in the trigger guard upon reholstering will manage to make both go off no problemo ;-)
    I think the issue of friction on the side of the trigger being able to fire the gun is underappreciated. It's a fairly modern possibility- Not a thing on a 1911 (safety and grip safety), a striker gun pre 320/365 with a trigger safety, or a revolver or TDA (far more difficult with a 10+ pound, long stroke, curved trigger face). Most kydex holsters retain the gun off the trigger guard and have an indent into the trigger guard to retain the pistol. I bet a lot of them do or are close to applying direct friction to the sides of the trigger itself- like the pinned thread where a guy put a new flat trigger in his P2000 and his quality kydex actually pulled the trigger while reholstering. When average joe gets his P320 or P365 and a possibly misformed ebay/amazon special chop shop kydex, I have to wonder if it will wear out and he'll keep cranking on the retention or put a different trigger shoe on the gun and one day it will go bang, or even applying lateral pressure while reholstering will cause an interference. that doesn't even consider nylon or leather.

More and more 320s are coming from the factory with a flat straight trigger shoe. Flat angular shoe with no trigger safety vs rounded Glock trigger with a safety tab. Everyone says it doesn't matter for foreign object NDs, and obviously with a direct pull of the whole trigger by an object or finger it doesn't matter, but if someone said you have to spend 10 seconds with a foreign object poking around the trigger guard of your WML OWB holster, which gun do you want in that holster?

This is still probably only a fraction of all handgun NDs, with the large majority simply being someone pulling the trigger on a "Don't worry bro it's not loaded" gun, but it's thing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I agree that a safety tab stopping an ND is pretty marginal, but I'll make 2 observations.

I think the curved nature of the Glock trigger across the face on both sides of the trigger safety could be one of those tiny angels on the head of a pin factors in an outlier event.

More realistically, any trigger safety prevents friction on the SIDE of the trigger shoe from pulling the trigger. Bubba using a bad leather or nylon holster, gun in a holster in a bag ,and foreign object in a WML holster, that could be a real factor.
    I think you are spot on about the curved face of the factory Glock trigger vs Flat triggers being a factor.

Would any of you take your 226, rack a round in the chamber and then carry it in a holster with the hammer cocked? Why not, the gun won't fire unless the trigger is pulled! I'm not saying the 320 is the same as a cocked 226 but it's slightly more susceptible than other striker fired pistols with a trigger safety and longer trigger pull. There are tons of P320 pistols out there and only a very small amount of NDs, it's not a common occurrence.

Name:  PXL_20230910_015537891.MP.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  30.3 KB

Had problems with mine at a match over the weekend. Not going all the way into battery, failures to cycle and super hard to force the slide open. I had to switch to my back up. Later I found the sticker sticking out and stuck that way. It seems like that could have been dangerous.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Name:  PXL_20230910_015537891.MP.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  30.3 KB

Had problems with mine at a match over the weekend. Not going all the way into battery, failures to cycle and super hard to force the slide open. I had to switch to my back up. Later I found the sticker sticking out and stuck that way. It seems like that could have been dangerous.
    Not sure how knowledgeable you are about the system, but were you able to remove the slide, and do you know how to remove the striker assembly? I'd be interested to know the exact cause here. I have ideas....but someone should look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Not sure how knowledgeable you are about the system, but were you able to remove the slide, and do you know how to remove the striker assembly? I'd be interested to know the exact cause here. I have ideas....but someone should look at it.
    I tore it down last night and could find no damage to the striker assembly or an abnormal amount of gunk in the channel. I reassembled and it seems correct now, but I haven't got to test it out in live fire yet as it is pouring rain out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I tore it down last night and could find no damage to the striker assembly or an abnormal amount of gunk in the channel. I reassembled and it seems correct now, but I haven't got to test it out in live fire yet as it is pouring rain out tonight.
    Did you take the striker assembly apart? It could be your striker reset spring is shot. This will cause the striker to protrude. New spring on the left, disintegrated one on the right.Name:  20220421_121131.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  46.5 KB
    Last edited by Beretta Dawg; 09-11-2023 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta Dawg View Post
    Did you take the striker assembly apart? It could be your striker return spring is shot. This will cause the striker to protrude. New spring on the left, disintegrated one on the right.Name:  20220421_121131.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  46.5 KB
    It looked ok, I will compare it to my other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    Would any of you take your 226, rack a round in the chamber and then carry it in a holster with the hammer cocked? Why not, the gun won't fire unless the trigger is pulled! I'm not saying the 320 is the same as a cocked 226 but it's slightly more susceptible than other striker fired pistols with a trigger safety and longer trigger pull. There are tons of P320 pistols out there and only a very small amount of NDs, it's not a common occurrence.
    I’m not convinced a P320 is any safer than a cocked P226.

User Tag List