Page 86 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Agency released a safety bulletin regarding the ND. In a nutshell, a P320 Carry with Streamlight WML in a proper model Safariland 6300 series (SLS and ALS) discharged when a dangling male fastex buckle (approx 2.5") worked its way into the holster. There is a non-shareable video which shows the trigger being released with ease once the buckle is in place.
    Not surprising. I'm willing to bet that 98% of these holstered ND's are something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    National Park Service
    Thanks
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    “This video is private”.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    This pretty much sums up what I and several other LE firearms instructors think. Sig has also lost all credibility with us due to their inability to accurately investigate this incident, but instead throw out their uninformed statement in an effort to CYA. They are essentially throwing LE customers and Safariland under the bus on this one. Not a good business move IMO.

Not me, but a well made video, and someone who took the time to evaluate the video correctly and in a forensic fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ6GUxpzXTI

TXPO
    The Montville body cam/station footage might be the Zapruder Film of the Sig P320 saga......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    The Montville body cam/station footage might be the Zapruder Film of the Sig P320 saga......
    Probably. Or it’s a knee jerk reaction because small town of small town funds. Doubt they have training besides minimal standards on a gun.

didn't add anything

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    This pretty much sums up what I and several other LE firearms instructors think. Sig has also lost all credibility with us due to their inability to accurately investigate this incident, but instead throw out their uninformed statement in an effort to CYA. They are essentially throwing LE customers and Safariland under the bus on this one. Not a good business move IMO.

Not me, but a well made video, and someone who took the time to evaluate the video correctly and in a forensic fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ6GUxpzXTI

TXPO
    That video is disturbing to say the least. Thank you for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    “This video is private”.
    Well, not sure what to do about that. It goes right to the video when I click on it. 🤷🏼*♂️
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    The video proves nothing to me except there was what I suspected:
    - A Safariland WML holster
    - Pressure torquing the side of the grip at the moment the gun goes off

What likely happened was...

Foreign object that worked its way into the trigger guard
    +
    Contact (however slight with the face of the trigger)
    +
    Pressure applied to the gun to twist it in the holster enough to actuate the trigger
    =
    PoP!

Don't let SIG's stupid statement distract from the aforementioned.

They need to just come out with a new design. Base it off the Glock , like Shadow systems and others are doing and move on. Could have a really nice, Safe and trustworthy system.

User Tag List