Page 71 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Seeing a lot of malfunctions in my copy of the TacOps. I’ve narrowed it down to a possible magazine or either the regular TLR7a is too much WML for it.

To the tune of a malfunction per magazine. FMJ as well. I may pop a new extractor in if the removal of the WML or a different magazine doesn’t solve it.
    Hmm.

The two Tac Ops I’ve seen have run reliably as did the ones with accuracy issues.

The only macro format guns I’ve seen with lights have been XLs converted via swapping the grip.

Was it a commercial gun or an IOP/W SJU ?

Just to keep things in perspective:

https://www.bluesheepdog.com/2015/12...ls-are-unsafe/

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Hmm.

The two Tac Ops I’ve seen have run reliably as did the ones with accuracy issues.

The only macro format guns I’ve seen with lights have been XLs converted via swapping the grip.

Was it a commercial gun or an IOP/W SJU ?
    Commercial LE discount. Only shipped with three magazines.

Highly suspect it’s the WML was too much for it. It’s off now but I do t have a rig to carry it so it’s in the safe for now. I have 4 other P365s that don’t malfunction. But those are with 10,12, and 15 round mags.

Name:  71113457370__99BE83C5-3347-4D0E-9A6F-984B3DE1CCD8.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  87.7 KB

Name:  71113460705__BF8BC2CE-7F0C-48C7-9E10-C0117BE828C0.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  27.9 KB
    Last edited by lwt16; 07-31-2023 at 03:03 PM.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I bought a P365 week before last. Took it out for the first time to the range yesterday. The follower in the 10 round magazine stuck, just like you see above, and when I banged the magazine to free it the follower almost came entirely out of the magazine.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I bought a P365 week before last. Took it out for the first time to the range yesterday. The follower in the 10 round magazine stuck, just like you see above, and when I banged the magazine to free it the follower almost came entirely out of the magazine.
    I’d be curious to know if those magazines are from SIG’s new in-house production.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post

Thanks for posting. It is a good reminder that what works with one pistol may not directly carry over to another. Riding the trigger for example.

When I went through our academy 25+ years ago we had only recently made the change from the revolver to the semi-auto. Our pistol back then was a DAO with a very revolver like trigger. Many of us were taught to start the trigger as soon as the handgun was free from the holster. This was a carryover from our previous experience with the revolver.

Later training moved away from this but there were still some of the Old Guard who continued to teach some of this stuff. Generally they taught crossed thumbs and some other fairly dated stuff too. Those guys are all gone now but some of their trainees are not. Old habits die hard.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 07-31-2023 at 04:54 PM.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I think there's validity to @KevHs concerns. The great thing about the 320 is that it's a really easy pistol to shoot. The troubling thing about the 320 is that it's a really easy pistol to shoot. Fully tensioned strikers without 'trigger safety' mechanisms might not be the best bet for general issue to deliberately undertrained cops. And I say this as someone who's currently carrying a 320.

Nobody is free of issues, though. During our examination of different guns over the last few years, every single one had areas of concern. I am a HUGE fan of the 9mm M&P 2.0. But S&W was experiencing a number of issues at that time. Front sights regularly departing the gun during shooting. The triggers were lightening up considerably after a few thousand rounds....as in from 6.5 to 3.5 lbs. And one agency in the southwest experienced several hundred broken barrel lugs. That's just the issues we were aware of....but these are the kind of things large agency purchases tend to uncover.

I like my 320s quite a bit, and I'm comfortable carrying them. But if I lived in a free state, I'm not sure I wouldn't just trade in my 4 samples for 4 new M&P 2.0's. Always had a sentimental attachment to Smith anyway.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I think there's validity to @KevHs concerns. The great thing about the 320 is that it's a really easy pistol to shoot. The troubling thing about the 320 is that it's a really easy pistol to shoot. Fully tensioned strikers without 'trigger safety' mechanisms might not be the best bet for general issue to deliberately undertrained cops. And I say this as someone who's currently carrying a 320.

Nobody is free of issues, though. During our examination of different guns over the last few years, every single one had areas of concern. I am a HUGE fan of the 9mm M&P 2.0. But S&W was experiencing a number of issues at that time. Front sights regularly departing the gun during shooting. The triggers were lightening up considerably after a few thousand rounds....as in from 6.5 to 3.5 lbs. And one agency in the southwest experienced several hundred broken barrel lugs. That's just the issues we were aware of....but these are the kind of things large agency purchases tend to uncover.

I like my 320s quite a bit, and I'm comfortable carrying them. But if I lived in a free state, I'm not sure I wouldn't just trade in my 4 samples for 4 new M&P 2.0's. Always had a sentimental attachment to Smith anyway.

That was with the 2.0? Did the my resolve the issues?

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    That was with the 2.0? Did the my resolve the issues?
    It was the 2.0. Most of the issues were quality control/manufacturing related. The lightening triggers? Unknown. @KevH is much closer to this, and still on the job. He'd be a much better source. I'm just some old dude in the 'burbs with too many guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post

There is a difference. Sig wants you to believe that each instance of the 320 firing is due to someone or something pressing the trigger. While that MAY be the case, it can't be presumed due to verifiable instances with the 320.

“Of note, the analysis revealed two primary causal factors which may explain the increase in unintentional discharges:

• Poor trigger discipline and
    • Failure to adhere to the Four Basic Firearms Safety Rules.”
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List