Page 57 of 122 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don’t expect accurate or good reporting but the last sentence leaves me with questions. I can understand an agency not letting her carry a non issued pistol but letting her carry it with an empty chamber while on duty?

N.Y. Post, money hungry attorneys, anti-gun groups trying to bankrupt gun manufacturers, some people in and out of law enforcement looking for a payday, anti-gun *fake* news media, I heard about in on the internet. Has Sig ever lost a case and were held libel with the newer fixed P320’s pistols ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    N.Y. Post, money hungry attorneys, anti-gun groups trying to bankrupt gun manufacturers, some people in and out of law enforcement looking for a payday, anti-gun *fake* news media, I heard about in on the internet. Has Sig ever lost a case and were held libel with the newer fixed P320’s pistols ?
    No, they have not.

I am curious about when MPD fully transitions to Glocks what the excuse is going to be with these AD/NDs?

On the flip side, if a reduction in the % of NDs go down do they consider it a positive outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I am curious about when MPD fully transitions to Glocks what the excuse is going to be with these AD/NDs?
    Training issue is what Glock calls it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    I don’t expect accurate or good reporting but the last sentence leaves me with questions. I can understand an agency not letting her carry a non issued pistol but letting her carry it with an empty chamber while on duty?
    We had an officer that worked here at my agency, that also felt like carrying his duty pistol on duty without a round in the chamber was safer. Notice I said we HAD and officer.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    We had an officer that worked here at my agency, that also felt like carrying his duty pistol on duty without a round in the chamber was safer. Notice I said we HAD and officer.

TXPO
    Unfortunately it’s more common that many suppose. We had a detailer from another office doing that - apparently her office had been tolerating it because she had ND’ed into her leg while in the Academy…..

There have been two recent OIS videos posted here in the LE UOF Video thread where officers can be seen carrying chamber empty and can be seen racking a round into the chamber before engaging. In one the officer initially short strokes and fails to chamber a round on the first attempt. Both officers were lucky they had partners present.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Unfortunately it’s more common that many suppose. We had a detailer from another office doing that - apparently her office had been tolerating it because she had ND’ed into her leg while in the Academy…..

There have been two recent OIS videos posted here in the LE UOF Video thread where officers can be seen carrying chamber empty and can be seen racking a round into the chamber before engaging. In one the officer initially short strokes and fails to chamber a round on the first attempt. Both officers were lucky they had partners present.
    I have observed that increasingly, many officers are not just afraid of their guns, they are afraid to have guns.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I have observed that increasingly, many officers are not just afraid of their guns, they are afraid to have guns.
    Which is ironic since I turned down my first Federal LE employment offer because the agency (an OIG) had a "carry a gun when your supervisor thinks you need one for official purposes" policy. And left my first agency at least in part because of a slightly less draconian but nonetheless restrictive carry policy.

User Tag List