Page 45 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    While I've had absolutely no issues with my P320 RX (originally Compact, now in X-Carry), and I'm both duty and IDPA qualified on it, and shoot it decently enough, I still have some residual wariness about it. I'm committed to it, particularly as a long-term test bed for the full-size 17 round Check-Mate magazines, and have several decent holsters (SIG/Mitch Rosen leather OWB and Olen kydex IWB), but these days it's taking a bit of a back seat to my Glocks, especially the G19 that I'm testing with the Leupold DeltaPoint Micro RDS.

I too am a bit wary of the short, relatively light and soft-breaking trigger. More than any other SFA pistol that I run, it reminds me of a single-action pistol sans manual safety... My best advice is that if you're running a P320 for duty and/or defensive carry, you REALLY need to be thoroughly familiar with the triggerpull characteristics; even more so if you're in a threat management situation.

Tomorrow I'll be comparatively running and testing the P320 and the G19 with their respective RDS; that could be interesting.

Best, Jon
    Would be interested to read about that side-by-side.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

They should just update the 320 to actually be an upsized P365, then all that suddenly disappears, and I can feel safe carrying a 320!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My 1, 2, 3 solution is:

1) 365 family pistols as my slimline choice

2) Glocks for larger defensive pistols

3) for competition, anything that floats my boat at that moment

There is just too much noise to feel good about a 320 for carry.
    Yep. After I get rid of my RXP, and after recently shedding my M&P's and 1911's in 45, I'll be down to a similar and smaller set of primary pistols.

1. 365's
    2. Glocks (19/45)
    3. 1911's in 9mm just because they are my favorite pistols to shoot...ever. Not much for carry anymore although I still occasionally carry my DW TCP in an OWB.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    They should just update the 320 to actually be an upsized P365, then all that suddenly disappears, and I can feel safe carrying a 320!
    At this point, the Macro gets me so close to a full size that I'm ok with 95% of my pistol work being with a Macro...carry and range/class use.

The very short travel needed for the P320 trigger to make the gun fire is an issue for me. I remember Ernest Langdon was talking about the progression of striker fired pistol triggers in a video a while back and said the desire is to have a striker fired trigger as close to a 1911 as possible, but with no safety. Imagine someone carrying around a 1911 with the safety off and hammer back with a round in the chamber. People would think you are crazy.

As for the M17/M18 I am at a major military training facility in Texas every month and we have not had any NDs with pistols. At this point I am not so sure guns are just going off, but the triggers are getting actuated somehow. I don't know really. In the end I was all in on the P320 a few years back and moved on. I did keep an M17 just to have.

I too am a bit wary of the short, relatively light and soft-breaking trigger. More than any other SFA pistol that I run, it reminds me of a single-action pistol sans manual safety...
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    At this point I am not so sure guns are just going off, but the triggers are getting actuated somehow.
    Don't know exactly what's happening with all these ND's either, but these posts are about where I'm at. You have basically a single-action-like trigger, with a short and light press, and no other external safety mechanism. It's not really surprising that we'd see a higher incidence of ND's (or AD's, if we're not blaming the end user) from this setup.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I suppose that's some comfort as an M17 owner. If something can break, the military will break it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I've rarely seen Military NDs/ADs in news stories unless there was a fatality. Regardless of weapon.
    Both.

Important variable: M17/M18 and contract guns are built and accountable to spec(s), 320s in your big-box and LGS are built to whatever. We lack details in what's reported by media, and lack everything in those incidents handled between citizen/officer/agency and the manufacturer directly.

Most common problem with mil M17/M18 seems to be loose/lost rear sights.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    At this point, the Macro gets me so close to a full size that I'm ok with 95% of my pistol work being with a Macro...carry and range/class use.
    Are the 17 round Macro magazines the same as the 17 round magazines for the P320?

Best, Jon

Are the 17 round Macro magazines the same as the 17 round magazines for the P320?

Best, Jon
    No they are different bodies and width.

Site Supporter

Best, Jon
    No.

Macro mags are just longer P365 series mags with a different means of attachment for the baseplate.

They fit and function in all P365 series guns.

User Tag List