Page 44 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    This reminds me of the Texas DPS special agent I worked with who carried a P320 appendix without a holster. I wondered if he sometimes pulled the pin out of a fragmentation grenade and fell asleep while holding it, just to see what might happen.
    Panteao instructor Dutch Chris Moyer, former CAG, carries a 320 "appendix" with one of those clip draw things attached. Not what I would choose for a sidearm or "holster". States he has done it for years. To much reliance on luck IMHO.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I haven't been following this methodically, but from what I understand, the .MIL guns don't show these issues.
    I suppose that's some comfort as an M17 owner. If something can break, the military will break it.

I am wondering if the straight "Pro" triggers play any role in this. I know our state highway patrol agency switched to P320 Pros from G35 Gen 4s, had two negligent discharges within a few months, got the willies, and immediately switched back to Glocks (G45s).

I'm still inclined to just shelf my M17 for a few years and stick with my Glocks. I don't like not having a definitive answer. While I do think at least a large chunk of reports are probably people who had their finger on the trigger and need a scapegoat, there are enough of the reports that keep coming for me to be at least a bit unsettled.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    ^Agree with the concerns.

Recently got a new RXP Xfull-size. Nice pistol with the mounted Romeo 1 Pro optic, shoots like a laser right out of the box. About a 4.5 lb straight pro trigger acc to Lyman gauge. But the trigger feels light and without any bladed safety, there is not much standing between the user and a ND. I was too leery to use it even for nightstand duty, for me the trigger press is too short and light for a defensive pistol that has no other trigger or manual safety.

I'm probably going to sell/trade the RXP. Not only the trigger concerns, but it really doesn't shoot any more accurately than my G45 (even with the Romeo optic), and it has noticeably more muzzle flip.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It’s been awhile since I’ve read the whole thread, so I’ll just ask. Are we seeing ADs with the .MIL M17s and M18s?
    I've rarely seen Military NDs/ADs in news stories unless there was a fatality. Regardless of weapon.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My 1, 2, 3 solution is:

1) 365 family pistols as my slimline choice

2) Glocks for larger defensive pistols

3) for competition, anything that floats my boat at that moment

There is just too much noise to feel good about a 320 for carry.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I like these theories a lot. I, too, am skeptical of "the gun just went off" stories. The WML holster theory in particular I think bears some investigation. I wonder if some of the odd things @Erick Gelhaus saw with WML on guns might come into play (thinking specifically of the weird things he saw on .40 Glocks).
    Not sure what the carry over is, can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Not sure what the carry over is, can you elaborate?
    I guess I was thinking that you witnessed (I think) "weird" stuff happening to .40 Glocks that had some correlation to WML's. I wonder if there's some "weird" interaction between 320's and their WML's: it affects how the holster fits, or disturbs the trigger, or some other unanticipated thing.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My 1, 2, 3 solution is:

1) 365 family pistols as my slimline choice

2) Glocks for larger defensive pistols

3) for competition, anything that floats my boat at that moment

I'm in agreement with this. My current is

1.) LCP Max for light clothes/pocket/NPE carry.
    2.) P365 for ordinary carry (once I get around to grabbing a second one, current one is fiancée's) to replace my Shield Plus, which is also good but I like the P365 better.
    3.) G19G5 for winter carry.
    4.) G17G4 for work drawer, G17G5 for nightstand drawer.
    5.) G22G5 for field/woods.

Everything but the .380 gets HST.

I've tried just about all the handguns. I'm good with Glock. I'll start saving my money for the pricier wants like good rifles...

It's a shame because I love a great deal about the M17/P320 platform. But it's bonkers to me that a company with Sig's resources has not yet conclusively addressed the matter.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

While I've had absolutely no issues with my P320 RX (originally Compact, now in X-Carry), and I'm both duty and IDPA qualified on it, and shoot it decently enough, I still have some residual wariness about it. I'm committed to it, particularly as a long-term test bed for the full-size 17 round Check-Mate magazines, and have several decent holsters (SIG/Mitch Rosen leather OWB and Olen kydex IWB), but these days it's taking a bit of a back seat to my Glocks, especially the G19 that I'm testing with the Leupold DeltaPoint Micro RDS.

I too am a bit wary of the short, relatively light and soft-breaking trigger. More than any other SFA pistol that I run, it reminds me of a single-action pistol sans manual safety... My best advice is that if you're running a P320 for duty and/or defensive carry, you REALLY need to be thoroughly familiar with the triggerpull characteristics; even more so if you're in a threat management situation.

Tomorrow I'll be comparatively running and testing the P320 and the G19 with their respective RDS; that could be interesting.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My 1, 2, 3 solution is:

I’m trending that way for competition guns. I’m heavily invested in the 320 platform but there’s enough cases of people saying their guns are going off in holsters that I’m just not sure the tiny chance it could happen is worth it. Not to mention my comp guns all have aftermarket triggers and kits which I can’t imagine makes them safer.

User Tag List