Page 34 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Opinions are like a*****es everyone has one.
    What part about this is my opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by sigsauer.com
    What if I don’t want to upgrade the trigger assembly on my P320?
    This is a voluntary service, as the P320 meets and exceeds all ANSI/SAAMI, NIJ, DOJ, California, Massachusetts, and safety standards.

Minimal reported drop-related P320 incidents have occurred in the US commercial and law enforcement markets, with hundreds of thousands of guns delivered to date. These instances occurred in conditions that appear to be outside of normal testing protocols.

Is my P320 safe in its current configuration?
    Yes. The P320 meets and exceeds all US safety standards.
    Take your issue up with Sig, not me simply relaying information. Not sure why you’d find that argumentative.

That is true because the trigger bar in the P320 moves in the opposite direction of other pistols.,
    Still though, watching the slow motion video of the P320 being drop fired, it appears (to me) that a simple trigger dongle would have prevented it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Still though, watching the slow motion video of the P320 being drop fired, it appears (to me) that a simple trigger dongle would have prevented it.
    SIG has such a trigger - they were supplied on P320s supplied for a Guatemalan police contract.

Agency arms also makes such a trigger.

SIG has such a trigger - they were supplied on P320s supplied for a Guatemalan police contract.

Agency arms also makes such a trigger.
    I had no idea. The Agency Arms one is tempting, but that may be a knee-jerk reaction on my part.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I had no idea. The Agency Arms one is tempting, but that may be a knee-jerk reaction on my part.
    The Guatemalan police also replace their goal will rifles with Tavors if you want to go for Guatemalan police cloner.

On a current production P. III 20, anything 2019 or later there is zero benefit to a tabbed trigger. The trigger bar moves in the wrong direction for it to be effective as an inertia safety - Which is the primary function of tab triggers on other pistols and rifles.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowLead View Post
    As far as I know, that is hearsay likely propagated on the internet by Glock’s Cutaway pistol. Yes the striker moves rearward enough to clear one of the drop safeties, but how do you know this pre-tensioned striker theory works?

I wouldn’t bet on an unadvertised safety feature that I’ve never seen shown off, especially when it comes to something like a gun.

I can’t imagine how that would matter. If the striker splits in any position in front of the spring cups, on either platform, the gun won’t fire, unless you’re somehow concerned about slam firing. Are you saying if the striker breaks behind the spring cups? Confused by this.

This is a drop safety. We’ve removed the human element since the scenario in the article mentions the police officer was cleared of wrongdoing. We’re talking about redundancy built into the firearm to prevent it from firing seemingly on its own. It can certainly allow the gun to fire uncommanded. Without the cruciform or striker lug meeting each other, this safety, along with the rest of the trigger bar, is useless. After that, as mentioned, only one part prevents firing, which is the firing pin safety.

This again has nothing to do with catastrophic failure of the gun causing it to fire uncommanded. This prevents the trigger from self pulling in the event the firearm is dropped on it’s back plate.
    You're in the 'don't know what you don't know' phase.

The P320, at least in original configuration, is capable of pulling it's own trigger via inertia. The Glock will not fire when dropped, even at heights exceeding standard testing protocols, due to the trigger-dicky moving on a different plane. Inertia can't pull the trigger dicky and the trigger at the same time. The P320 is objectively less drop safe. The Glock is objectively less safe during the breakdown procedure. Anyone who designs a gun while simultaneously assuming 100% human compliance with safety rules is an idiot. People drop things. Sometimes from greater heights than waist high. People forget procedures.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    At this point the issue of the 320 self-ignition may even be related to manufacturing. The first issues were related to 'design', but the seeming randomness of the 320 firing with no trigger pull at this point looks to me like potential manufacturing variation.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    At this point the issue of the 320 self-ignition may even be related to manufacturing. The first issues were related to 'design', but the seeming randomness of the 320 firing with no trigger pull at this point looks to me like potential manufacturing variation.
    Winner winner, chicken dinner!

This is the 3rd different big (at least to me) issue that Sig has mishandled over the years. With 3 different weapon platforms. And those are the ones that I know of. I understand why .gov agencies end up w Sig products, but I don’t understand why people spend their own money on them when there are equivalent or better products out there. My agency had experience with the first two. Hopefully our 320s (which I was opposed to buying) remain problem free and we don’t join the list of agencies who end up having an Officer shot by their own pistol.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    This is the 3rd different big (at least to me) issue that Sig has mishandled over the years. With 3 different weapon platforms. And those are the ones that I know of. I understand why .gov agencies end up w Sig products, but I don’t understand why people spend their own money on them when there are equivalent or better products out there. My agency had experience with the first two. Hopefully our 320s (which I was opposed to buying) remain problem free and we don’t join the list of agencies who end up having an Officer shot by their own pistol.
    What other platforms? The P250?

User Tag List