Page 25 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

While I am sure it’s mentioned somewhere, is the M17/18 manual safety blocking the sear? Or is it just blocking the trigger bar?
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    While I am sure it’s mentioned somewhere, is the M17/18 manual safety blocking the sear? Or is it just blocking the trigger bar?
    Trigger bar per the factory armorer manual.

What spring are they referring to in this part:

"Both will operate with or without the reset spring and are mission capable as long as the striker is retained by the safety lock and passes all other function checks."

It's in the bulletin talking about 2 different striker assemblies. Are they talking about the striker return spring? The little dinky one?

Or are they talking about the safety lever spring? Which is not part of the striker assembly.

And I still can't get some of the links in the articles to open.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    What spring are they referring to in this part:

"Both will operate with or without the reset spring and are mission capable as long as the striker is retained by the safety lock and passes all other function checks."

It's in the bulletin talking about 2 different striker assemblies. Are they talking about the striker return spring? The little dinky one?

Or are they talking about the safety lever spring? Which is not part of the striker assembly.

And I still can't get some of the links in the articles to open.
    I’m pretty sure the TACOM sites are password protected.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

P320 v P365

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    So...it's not merely a mini 320 but a design on it's own....or at least that is what I gather.

I'd still want to be certified before stripping past the basic field strip on anyone's pistol. If I owned a personal copy I might dabble with it but not with someone else's for obvious reasons.

I spoke to another agency's armorer (issued P320s) and he is interested in this armorer's update as well if you can find it. He has not received it either (600 copies he's responsible for) and is equally curious.
    First, The disclaimer. I am not an engineer, nor a gunsmith, nor an armorer. I never played one on TV, and I did not sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night. :-)

The striker block on the P365 is completely different than the striker block o the P320. It is the plunger type with a compression spring as seen with the firing pin blocks on other Sig models such as the P226, 229,220. The P320 has the, for lack of a better term, tab type block with a torsion spring (as demonstrated in the pictures you posted). The P320 striker block is ~0.9mm thick, and it only takes ~ 1.09mm of upward movement for the striker block to allow the forward movement of the striker. The P365 striker block appears to be quite a bit more substantial.

I hope this helps.

Site Supporter
    If it wasn't for the military and, to a lesser extent, CBP and other law enforcement contracts, I suspect we would see the 320, in its initial and now current versions, sink beneath the waves without a trace. Unfortunately, I think SigSauer has got way too much invested in the 320 to simply build a duty-style 365. I was a long-time SIG fanboy, having written the proposals for my former agency to adopt, first. the 9mm SIG 226 and, later, the .40 version. Now I'm afraid to even load the 320 I purchased as an off-duty and retirement weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    If it wasn't for the military and, to a lesser extent, CBP and other law enforcement contracts, I suspect we would see the 320, in its initial and now current versions, sink beneath the waves without a trace. Unfortunately, I think SigSauer has got way too much invested in the 320 to simply build a duty-style 365. I was a long-time SIG fanboy, having written the proposals for my former agency to adopt, first. the 9mm SIG 226 and, later, the .40 version. Now I'm afraid to even load the 320 I purchased as an off-duty and retirement weapon.
    I don't own a 320, but if I did I too would be a wee bit wary of carrying it. Having said that, I'm perfectly comfortable carrying my other Sigs, including the 365. It will be interesting to see what comes about as a result of this latest lawsuit.

I was just wondering if there has been anything new on this issue?

I personally haven't heard of anything. I assume the Guay lawsuit is meandering its way through the legal process, and SIG is reticent as ever, although in fairness to them, COVID-19 probably hasn't helped matters. From the anecdotal evidence we've gleaned from the thread, I still think that havng a P320 witha manufacture date of May 31st 2019 and later is a major key in feeling comfortable that you have a P320 with at least the right corrected components to prevent an "uncommanded discharge." Having a SIG-certified armorer or gunsmith (or SIG themselves) go through the FCU to ensure that everything was assembled properly is probably a good idea, given presumptive issues with SIG's production QC (or lack therof).

If anyone ese has heard anything differently, please chime in.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I personally haven't heard of anything. I assume the Guay lawsuit is meandering its way through the legal process, and SIG is reticent as ever, although in fairness to them, COVID-19 probably hasn't helped matters. From the anecdotal evidence we've gleaned from the thread, I still think that havng a P320 witha manufacture date of May 31st 2019 and later is a major key in feeling comfortable that you have a P320 with at least the right corrected components to prevent an "uncommanded discharge." Having a SIG-certified armorer or gunsmith (or SIG themselves) go through the FCU to ensure that everything was assembled properly is probably a good idea, given presumptive issues with SIG's production QC (or lack therof).

If anyone ese has heard anything differently, please chime in.

Best, Jon
    Thanks Jon. I read that the trial date is 3/15/2022. Not a good omen for Sig. Sig, beware the Ides of March!

User Tag List