Page 101 of 122 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1219

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

This news story was posted over in the FN 509 thread.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/indian-...s-all-handguns

Sig LE sales rep has got to be near top of the list of the 10 worst firearms industry jobs now.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Sig LE sales rep has got to be near top of the list of the 10 worst firearms industry jobs now.
    Not if he or she ignores the 320 and concentrates on pushing the 365 as an off-duty/back-up gun. Quite frankly, given the size of the larger 365 models, Im surprised SigSauer doesn't go a little larger and put out a duty sized version.

That said, I'd be interested to know when the 320 in question was manufactured.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Not if he or she ignores the 320 and concentrates on pushing the 365 as an off-duty/back-up gun. Quite frankly, given the size of the larger 365 models, Im surprised SigSauer doesn't go a little larger and put out a duty sized version.

That said, I'd be interested to know when the 320 in question was manufactured.
    For that matter, how hard would it be for them to adapt the 365 FCU to fit in the 320 frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    For that matter, how hard would it be for them to adapt the 365 FCU to fit in the 320 frame?
    If they made a large 365 FCU compatible grip-frame that took 320 mags i'd sell my 320 right now.

Site Supporter
    Time is a flat circle.

As the first on PF to suggest the 365 is a Superior design and that in a perfect world SIG would scale up the 365 into the 320 2.0…… it will never happen.

SIG is too invested in institutional sales of the 320 / MHS to introduce a true full size 365 to compete with their prodigal son.

We’ve had this conversation at least a dozen times.

We’re lucky we got the Macro (and that we got a version without the integrated comp).

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Brief OT question, apologies, but what does a 320 grip frame give you over a Macro grip frame? Are they just wider? Texture better? Sorry if a dumb question, I just don’t know much about 320s.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Brief OT question, apologies, but what does a 320 grip frame give you over a Macro grip frame? Are they just wider? Texture better? Sorry if a dumb question, I just don’t know much about 320s.
    My two cents - Having shot a a P365, P365XL, M17, M18, P320 Compact, P320 Full, P320 X5 Legion and P320 Maxx, there is a world of difference in recoil impulse, and ease of recoil control. Of all of the referenced pistols, the softest shooting, unsurprisingly, is the Maxx, and then down in size/weight to the P365 being the least "fun" to shoot. Oddly enough, of all of them, the P365 is the 2nd most mechanically accurate after the Maxx, for reasons I can't even start to guess.

I would think an "upsized" P365 FCU that fit P320 grips and slides would be softer shooting than their traditional P365 counterparts (e.g. a P320 compact FOR ME shoots flatter, softer, and is easier to control in recoil than a P365XL on a Macro grip module). It's not a HUGE difference, but it's noticeable and measurable.

Again, as HCM pointed out, this is all a pie-in-the-sky woolgathering, as Sig economically cannot abandon the P320, and cannot bring out a "full size" P365 FCU without admitting that the P320 (like the P250 it was based on) is a failure.

Site Supporter
    What I'm most surprised by are the lack of M17/M18 'uncommanded discharges' in US Military use.

This honestly suggests two things: Either the military models are somehow unaffected, or the military's institutional avoidance of carrying a chambered round has prevented it from becoming a visible problem.

First option begs the question as to why they don't change the whole P320 line over to that standard, and thereby avoid this problem.
    Second option means whatever upcoming GWOT 3.0 or 'Totally not WW3' conflict might see some ugly stuff happening with those M17's and M18's when joes actually start carrying them loaded.

Yes, the military models have the external safety, but that just blocks the trigger bar and does nothing to restrict the striker within the FCU.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    What I'm most surprised by are the lack of M17/M18 'uncommanded discharges' in US Military use.

This honestly suggests two things: Either the military models are somehow unaffected, or the military's institutional avoidance of carrying a chambered round has prevented it from becoming a visible problem.

First option begs the question as to why they don't change the whole P320 line over to that standard, and thereby avoid this problem.
    Second option means whatever upcoming GWOT 3.0 or 'Totally not WW3' conflict might see some ugly stuff happening with those M17's and M18's when joes actually start carrying them loaded.

Yes, the military models have the external safety, but that just blocks the trigger bar and does nothing to restrict the striker within the FCU.
    Because the current (post June 2019) 320s don’t actually have uncommanded discharges.

They have a short light triggers that are easy to pull whether by finger, shirt tails drawstrings etc. even in a wide mouth WML holster. Every single one of these has been traced to something else, cops, fidgeting with their gun in the holster, guns loose in purses, shirt tails and draw strings, aftermarket parts, modified or improperly fitting holsters etc.

We have essentially normalized, carrying a single action trigger with no manual safety.

I’m not aware of any so called “uncommanded discharges” involving manual safety 320s with the safety engaged.

I don’t know what your unit does, but there are plenty of entities in the DOD that are carrying chambered rounds. One of those, probably the most prolific user of handguns in the DOD actually carries a round chambered and safety off as they did with the M9.

User Tag List