Page 43 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Site Supporter
    This reminds me of the Texas DPS special agent I worked with who carried a P320 appendix without a holster. I wondered if he sometimes pulled the pin out of a fragmentation grenade and fell asleep while holding it, just to see what might happen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    This reminds me of the Texas DPS special agent I worked with who carried a P320 appendix without a holster. I wondered if he sometimes pulled the pin out of a fragmentation grenade and fell asleep while holding it, just to see what might happen.
    No way ...... no way......

I hope he was carrying without a round chambered.

Milwaukee PD is not happy with theirs (supposedly)

https://www.fox6now.com/news/why-mil...ally-going-off
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

It’s been awhile since I’ve read the whole thread, so I’ll just ask. Are we seeing ADs with the .MIL M17s and M18s?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'm always skeptical about blaming the gun whenever there are additional variables, such as the reddit thread where the guy had a WML holster and was trying to take the holster out of his pants. WML holsters don't fit tight around the trigger guard, so I personally would avoid them for appendix carry.

That said, if there is a common theme for the recent allegations and lawsuit, it's movement of the gun (I think specifically slide and frame fit) without it actually moving around in or leaving the holster. The latest law suit involved a diagram alleging internal rotation of striker components and the firing pin block that deactivated both.

I don't know if any of this is true, but is there any testing done for this kind of thing, such as vibration or manipulating the slide/frame side to side? It seems distinct from normal drop testing.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    I'm always skeptical about blaming the gun whenever there are additional variables, such as the reddit thread where the guy had a WML holster and was trying to take the holster out of his pants. WML holsters don't fit tight around the trigger guard, so I personally would avoid them for appendix carry.

That said, if there is a common theme for the recent allegations and lawsuit, it's movement of the gun (I think specifically slide and frame fit) without it actually moving around in or leaving the holster. The latest law suit involved a diagram alleging internal rotation of striker components and the firing pin block that deactivated both.

I don't know if any of this is true, but is there any testing done for this kind of thing, such as vibration or manipulating the slide/frame side to side? It seems distinct from normal drop testing.
    I like these theories a lot. I, too, am skeptical of "the gun just went off" stories. The WML holster theory in particular I think bears some investigation. I wonder if some of the odd things @Erick Gelhaus saw with WML on guns might come into play (thinking specifically of the weird things he saw on .40 Glocks).
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It’s been awhile since I’ve read the whole thread, so I’ll just ask. Are we seeing ADs with the .MIL M17s and M18s?
    I haven't been following this methodically, but from what I understand, the .MIL guns don't show these issues.
    ― Ennius

Does anyone know what Milwaukee issued before the 320?

The article stated that it discharged in the holster while the officer was in a scuffle, maybe it was impacted in the right place and discharged? Who knows but this does not look good for Sig and these incidents keep happening.

Very concerning to say the least.

Makes me want to try smacking my unloaded, cocked P320 with a rubber mallet from different to see what happens.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Does anyone know what Milwaukee issued before the 320?

The article stated that it discharged in the holster while the officer was in a scuffle, maybe it was impacted in the right place and discharged? Who knows but this does not look good for Sig and these incidents keep happening.

Very concerning to say the least.
    Pretty sure they were a S&W M&P (in .40) shop. I remember seeing them in the holsters before the 320.
    ― Ennius

User Tag List