Page 50 of 122 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    I think it was without a trigger press in this instance, as it was after he shot a string and reloaded the gun for the next string. Here's the video again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBjo62vSYZk
    Right, without a trigger press when reholstering...but I'd wager after his last shot on the prior string he had reset the trigger and probably gone to the "wall"
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Here is a YouTube video of someone giving their account of their 320 going off in holster at a steel challenge. He is pretty clear, concise, and detailed in how it happened and discussing his gear.

https://youtu.be/FBjo62vSYZk
    He gives Sig a lot of latitude. The anything mechanical can fail, sure, but when this thing fails, it goes off by itself. Not sure what Sig replaced it with, hopefully a P226.

I was curious if some of these reported issues of 320s going off could “possibly” be a tolerance stack issue. It would make sense why there are only few allegedly defective pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I was curious if some of these reported issues of 320s going off could “possibly” be a tolerance stack issue. It would make sense why there are only few allegedly defective pistols.
    That these issues are due to tolerance stacking seems to me almost certain.

The issue there is the fact that some imperceptible difference in the dimensions of one or more tiny parts can cause the gun to go off by itself. And that there is no way to just look at the gun and know if it suffers from this stacking of tolerances.

Will some M17s experience these issues after 10 years of constant service when maintenence is neglected?

Could otherwise fine P320s experience these issues out of the blue after they have some rounds through them? If so what happens if this type of accidental discharge occurs after someone reholsters AIWB?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    If there is not, then is is beyond obvious that SIG prioritized trigger feel over safety. Safety 1st - NOT!
    I suspect that nobody at SIG prioritized anything over safety, and the trigger feel least of all. The reason why the striker safety is so convoluted on P320 is it being inherited from legacy designs, all the way back to P220. In fact the first P320 was hacked together by a guy from a P250 (I even used to know his name years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I was curious if some of these reported issues of 320s going off could “possibly” be a tolerance stack issue.
    Highly unlikely, in my view. Everything I saw points to defects. The real problem is a combination of tiny parts and significant loads for the available cross-section. Any minute imperfection becomes problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    That these issues are due to tolerance stacking seems to me almost certain.

The issue there is the fact that some imperceptible difference in the dimensions of one or more tiny parts can cause the gun to go off by itself. And that there is no way to just look at the gun and know if it suffers from this stacking of tolerances.

Will some M17s experience these issues after 10 years of constant service when maintenence is neglected?

Could otherwise fine P320s experience these issues out of the blue after they have some rounds through them? If so what happens if this type of accidental discharge occurs after someone reholsters AIWB?
    Hmm, if a gun was not within tolerances, or wore beyond tolerances, you know what would prevent it from going off? Not having the built up spring tension to fire it in the first place.

This forum really is a living advertisement for DA/SA.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Hmm, if a gun was not within tolerances, or wore beyond tolerances, you know what would prevent it from going off? Not having the built up spring tension to fire it in the first place.

This forum really is a living advertisement for DA/SA.
    Various SFA mechanical maladies didn't push this house towards hammer-fired DA/SA semiautos so much as a brutally honest assessment of our own increasing physical and training limitations. Just like automobiles, some firearms get too "hairy" as we change.

But the P320 seems to have a special marinade of potential (or possibly simply perceived) issues.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Highly unlikely, in my view. Everything I saw points to defects. The real problem is a combination of tiny parts and significant loads for the available cross-section. Any minute imperfection becomes problematic.
    Man, see every time I think about getting a Sig, information like this gets dropped on me.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Man, see every time I think about getting a Sig, information like this gets dropped on me.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    I'm grateful for it and thankful that we haven't had a bombshell on the 365 yet because it's my only SIG currently.

User Tag List