Page 113 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1219

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

I sold all of mine primarily because of Tom Jones thoughts on the platform and the never ending headlines.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I have the same outcome with my 320's as you have described. None of mine exhibit the actions as the one in the video. The barrels are all still firmly locked against the breech face when the trigger bar is disconnected from the sear.

an interesting point is, based on this video, and his particular example, tolerance stacking may make this possible with random 320's. you may have 1 in ever 10K pistols that can exhibit this due to the tolerance stacking.

TXPO
    I have the same results with my issued P320 which is stock, and my personal Wilson P320C, with a Gray Guns kit. They only "Fire" while the barrel is firmly locked against the breech face.

We have nearly 500 issued P320's within the agency where I work, with no issues.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Sig wins summary judgement

Sig has won summary judgement in one of the “uncommanded” discharge cases. I have included a link below.

https://www.vitallaw.com/news/expert...6c927fcbce29b#.
    Last edited by roboster2013; 03-14-2024 at 10:16 AM.

I suspect this is how the majority, if not all of these cases are going to shake out in the end.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I suspect this is how the majority, if not all of these cases are going to shake out in the end.

TXPO
    I would not bet against you. I thought the case was interesting for a couple of reasons. First, the plaintiffs did not go down the “my gun shot me without the trigger moving” road. They essentially acknowledge that there was trigger movement. Secondly, it was admitted by the first expert witness that he could not cause a P320 to fire without the trigger being acted upon.
    Last edited by roboster2013; 03-14-2024 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roboster2013 View Post
    I would not bet against you. I thought the case was interesting for a couple of reasons. First, the plaintiffs did not go down the “my gun shot me without the trigger moving” road. They essentially acknowledge that there was trigger movement. Secondly, it was admitted by the first expert witness that he could not cause a P320 to fire without the trigger being acted upon.

That's the only thing these other cases have in their corner. The majority of these cases haven't shown the pistol firing without trigger movement, and most of them were in such a way that there wasn't any way to determine if there was trigger movement or not since they weren't visible.

Unlike the drop fire issue, which was easily repeatable, none of these alleged uncommanded firings, have been able to be replicated. In LE circles, we call that a clue. Most likely operator error and not a defect.

All this same shit applied when Glock went through this years ago. It's simply Sig's turn now. In another 10 or 20 years, it will happen all over again with some other manufacture.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

And the drum beats on…

https://www.nhpr.org/nh-news/2024-04...sauer-incident

My personal non-professional take is that I don’t want any non-LE SKU P320s with the exception of my dedicated range X5 Legion. I still have the two I picked up a few years ago to try the platform (a black M18 and an AXG) but to be honest I’m not sure why I should keep them since they don’t get any use.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    And the drum beats on…

https://www.nhpr.org/nh-news/2024-04...sauer-incident

My personal non-professional take is that I don’t want any non-LE SKU P320s with the exception of my dedicated range X5 Legion. I still have the two I picked up a few years ago to try the platform (a black M18 and an AXG) but to be honest I’m not sure why I should keep them since they don’t get any use.
    While I still remain skeptical of the 320...I'm not sure why you would remove your gun from the holster in the bathroom. This seems a little more suspect than the video (or videos?) of guns going off in holsters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    While I still remain skeptical of the 320...I'm not sure why you would remove your gun from the holster in the bathroom. This seems a little more suspect than the video (or videos?) of guns going off in holsters.
    While I am not in a position to comment on the merits of the current unintended discharge claims, I have never, ever felt the need to remove a gun from the holster while using a restroom. If the gun comes off, the entire gun/holster package stays together.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    While I am not in a position to comment on the merits of the current unintended discharge claims, I have never, ever felt the need to remove a gun from the holster while using a restroom. If the gun comes off, the entire gun/holster package stays together.
    Kind of hard to duty remove a holster from a duty belt.

User Tag List