Page 65 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

I wasn't willing to play the wait and see game... or if it was ever going to discharge on it's own, since I'm not good a betting the odds. For others, their milage may vary, and they may do well with the Sig P320.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Wasnt there at least one instance where it wasnt the correct holster for the 320?
    A couple (one in PA and one in Canada) involved people using holsters for older sig P22x series guns and at least one of those was also a SERPA.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The initial video released was a lobby surveillance camera, accompanied by a claim that the gun went off with “no contact.”

Subsequent body camera footage shows contact between that officer and another officer during the attempt to lift the subject by his legs.

Maybe the story will change further maybe it won’t.

In particular, I would like to know if a WML was actually mounted on the gun in conjunction with the WML holster. While a pistol should be able to lock into an appropriately sized duty holster without a light attached, I’ve personally seen officers using WML holsters without the WML in place where the gun is placed in the holster with the muzzle to the rear / not locked in (other than friction) leaving the trigger exposed.

I’ve also seen safariland WML capable duty holsters in the last few years, which came out of the bag so warped / ill-fitting a gun cannot be inserted into them, or could not be inserted with the appropriate WML attached.

The vintage of the 320 is another question. Is is a current (post June 2019) version or an original/ VUP version?

There is no reason any LEO should be carrying an original/ VUP 320 but I’m sure there are sone small depts somewhere carrying them.
    H - With regard to this recent incident, your post includes a picture, that I have a question on. I've put a circle around the area I want to ask about, below:

Name:  Screenshot from 2023-07-29 08-24-57.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  26.3 KB

I just want to be sure, but you are saying this picture is an example of a holster with a defect (kydex bent inwards, such that it could get into the trigger guard, when the gun was on it's way down) that could conceivably result in an AD, correct? Without getting into anything inappropriate, could you share what holster this is?

The pistol was secured in a 73 series Safariland holster. The trigger guard is completely covered. There are no zippers or tabs anywhere near the gun.

The contact between the pistol and the other officer is minimal.

There is no reason for the gun to have fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Millbarge View Post
    The pistol was secured in a 73 series Safariland holster. The trigger guard is completely covered. There are no zippers or tabs anywhere near the gun.

The contact between the pistol and the other officer is minimal.

There is no reason for the gun to have fired.
    Do you know the provenance of the pistol? Are these pre- or post-July 2019 guns?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Conn. police department to replace all officers' handguns due to safety concerns

https://www.police1.com/police-produ...uKA0s4AIcvJze/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If only Sig had incorporated a safety tab on the trigger, you wonder how the history of the 320 might be different.

I wouldn't carry a 320 for EDC on a bet. For USPSA competition it doesn't bother me, considering how briefly it is loaded in the holster, and how far the holster is off my body. Lots of crazy triggers in USPSA!
    I’m no engineer, nor do I think one has to be one to understand how the FCU works, or to have a valid hypothesis about why they fail. I came to the conclusion that the design if everything works perfect is safe. But there are some scenarios that involve two things going wrong that can lead to the gun firing. The possibility in my opinion is very small but not zero. I don’t think a trigger tab would make a difference because the potential issue seems to be a failure of engagement with the sear, firing pin, and the possibility of the safety tab spring failure. Could the sear slip off because of weak springs (which the super popular grey guns kit uses), and failure of the safety tab spring? It seems possible. Not probable but possible. But the results of it happening, particularly for one that carry’s appendix are life ending.

My conclusion was that it’s not worth the very small chance.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

They are around four years old. That’s not definitive by any means.

I have seen several of these and I suspect the cause is two fold.

One, the striker safety block is disengaged. Whether that is due to the return spring being too weak or damaged, installed improperly, or gummed up, I’m not sure. I have seen all three cause it to remain disengaged.

Two, there is so little interface between the sear and striker extension , that any pressure applied to the grip frame allows another thousandth of an inch between them and releases the striker.

Tolerance stacking is certainly an issue with current Sig products.

If I was Springfield Armory’s LE rep I'd replace this department's 320s with Echelons for free. Maybe even throw in a bunch of 6300 Safariland or Comp-Tac duty holsters and half a dozen mags with each gun. The publicity would be worth the price of a couple dozen pistols in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    If I was Springfield Armory’s LE rep I'd replace this department's 320s with Echelons for free. Maybe even throw in a bunch of 6300 Safariland or Comp-Tac duty holsters and half a dozen mags with each gun. The publicity would be worth the price of a couple dozen pistols in my opinion.

I believe the link just upthread said they already decided to get Glocks.

User Tag List