Page 63 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    https://www.wfsb.com/2023/07/27/mont...7ejtyc8bddb7wp

Extremely clear video that the gun was in the holster and there was absolutely zero manipulation of it before it fires.

Could you tell if it was a WML holster?

I’m no fan of the P320, and would choose most other options over it, big WML holsters are known to lead to these kinds of issues.

2 glocks and a bunch of magazines

rocket science

I would not want to be a Sig LE sales rep right now. The perception is simply going to be hard to fight going forward, regardless of what the facts actually are.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Sad thing is that if there were not other officers around and good video, people
    would accuse him of messing with the gun and pulling the trigger.

Extremely clear video that the gun was in the holster and there was absolutely zero manipulation of it before it fires.
    As much as I dislike SIG and thoroughly enjoy the schadenfreude, I do see the officer to the right brush (actually more of a bump) up against the holster at the point of firing. It also appears to be a WML holster.

Too many variables to have this video alone be proof positive.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    As much as I dislike SIG and thoroughly enjoy the schadenfreude, I do see the officer to the right brush (actually more of a bump) up against the holster at the point of firing. It also appears to be a WML holster.

Too many variables to have this video alone be proof positive.
    Name:  IMG_1873.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  37.3 KB

One of those variables being whether this is a current (post June 2019) 320 or and original/ VUP 320.

There’s no reason any LEO should be carrying an original design/ VUP 320 in 2023 but I’m sure there are some out there regardless.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.

This one was already being discussed in the Shooting Incidents in The News thread, but I agree it belongs here.

While I also found this one concerning, as HCM and I discussed I'd like to know the provenance of the guns (production date, SKU, etc) as well as whether or not there was a light attached to the gun in that weaponlight holster. @RJ managed to gather some screen shots that appear to show contact with the hand/gunbelt area of the officer to the suspects left. Contact alone, even hard impact, should obviously still not cause a discharge, period. But it'd be interesting to further examine exactly what happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Sad thing is that if there were not other officers around and good video, people
    would accuse him of messing with the gun and pulling the trigger.
    The rumor is that the incident was captured on multiple body cams.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Name:  IMG_1873.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  37.3 KB
    If that mere contact caused the pistol to fire, it's a defect.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    If I were agency king, the P320 would not be approved for carry. Trigger is absurdly easy to shoot, and Sig’s QC reputation and behavior bother me.

Still, I wouldn’t rule out this is a WML holster issue. Most guys seem to use them now, and they do present an safety issue. Whether that issue is outweighed by other considerations is a different topic.

User Tag List