Page 115 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1219

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    So you utilize the QLS on a duty rig?
    Yes. Safariland rates it for duty use and I practice retention including the QLS.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by roboster2013 View Post
    Is it still the consensus that P320s manufactured after 6/1/2019 are good to go?
    Yes.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Yes.

Best, Jon
    Thanks Jon.

Rob

I use the Safariland QLS you reference, but that is to facilitate my need to attach and remove my weapon frequently. I know many who won't use it for fear that the clip will fail in time of need. I would be surprised if this method is used with Police Duty Belts.

Uniformed police officers?
    Anything can break. We had an agent some time back take a pretty good tumble. Somewhere along the way the bottom of his holster took a hard enough impact that it broke the bottom forks and pushed the holster up through the mounting bracket. This wouldn't have happened if he'd been using a non-QD belt shank.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I agree with your practice of removing the holster with the gun when CCW. With heavy guns and belts during the limited experience I have carrying them, I really don’t like that laying on the floor of the bathroom (or porta John). I know a few who say they remove their weapon when taking a sit, but I know their are legions here with far more experience than me in this matter who can chime in.

Just another reason I really liked my tanker holster……
    The QLS rigs were super hot at my old place, because the SWAT guys were using them. The guys using them claimed the 'standoff' the unit provided made their draw faster. In reality, it was cool guy gear. It was a problem because people were buying them and installing them by themselves.....doing an unauthorized modification of a department holster. I eventually approved the QLS-L (locking) version, because I'm sorry, but patrol officers have no reason to quickly take their holster off of their duty belt. I had one on one of my training belts, but that was solely because we were evaluating multiple different holsters at that time. I did NOT have one on my patrol duty belt.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    While I am not in a position to comment on the merits of the current unintended discharge claims, I have never, ever felt the need to remove a gun from the holster while using a restroom. If the gun comes off, the entire gun/holster package stays together.
    An Optional Accessory at Gunsite, should you choose to use it. And they had them installed at the urinals... which I absolutely did not understand...

Name:  Gunsite John.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  16.3 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    An Optional Accessory at Gunsite, should you choose to use it. And they had them installed at the urinals... which I absolutely did not understand...

Name:  Gunsite John.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  16.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_6387.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  71.8 KB

To those of you carrying a P320 securely in a vest pocket, beware.

Name:  IMG_7840.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  64.2 KB

Whole complaint here: https://storage.courtlistener.com/re....63200.1.0.pdf

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    To those of you carrying a P320 securely in a vest pocket, beware.

Name:  IMG_7840.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  64.2 KB

Whole complaint here: https://storage.courtlistener.com/re....63200.1.0.pdf
    Maybe don’t put a gun with a short light trigger pull in a soft pocket instead of a holster ?

Also, if the plaintiff firearms experience is so extensive, why isn’t it detailed?

I can’t speak to all the incidents that are listed in this affidavit, but I can tell you that at least three of the listed incidents involving ICE are inaccurately portrayed omitting negligent actions by the individuals involved.

Just because the user did not intentionally pull the trigger with their finger doesn’t mean the trigger wasn’t pulled.

For example, the female agent who is pistol discharged while in the pocket of a purse. The gun was in a soft cloth pocket inside a purse full of other items, a parking lot surveillance video showed the agent tossing the purse into the backseat of her vehicle.

And at least one of the re-holster incidents the agent took his gun out in the office to verify the serial number for inventory. While re-holstering cloth from his untucked shirt getting caught in the trigger guard as he forced the gun back into the holster.

I am a verified Sig Hater, but these last several incidents absolutely look like idiots trying to cover their mistakes.

User Tag List