Page 110 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1219

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Site Supporter
    @jeep45238

For that to happen, wouldn't the only way be "pull the trigger, bang, cycle-BANG" without a second trigger pull? I'm thinking that would be something noted by the people this is happening to. It's possible that someone shooting a sub 20 split in competition might have already been pulling the trigger and not realize the shot was not triggered by their trigger pull, but is that every case where this has occurred?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    @jeep45238

For that to happen, wouldn't the only way be "pull the trigger, bang, cycle-BANG" without a second trigger pull? I'm thinking that would be something noted by the people this is happening to. It's possible that someone shooting a sub 20 split in competition might have already been pulling the trigger and not realize the shot was not triggered by their trigger pull, but is that every case where this has occurred?
    Pull the trigger, gun goes bang, striker stays protruding from the breech (no way of knowing this), slide does standard reciprocation, but goes bang upon going into battery.

This would take the firecontrol/trigger completely out of the equation.

It's a theory, end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Pull the trigger, gun goes bang, striker stays protruding from the breech (no way of knowing this), slide does standard reciprocation, but goes bang upon going into battery.

This would take the firecontrol/trigger completely out of the equation.

It's a theory, end of the day.
    A striker/firing pin tip protruding from the breech face will stop the normal cycle of operation since the casing is under controlled feed by the breech face and extractor: the round being fed jams against the bottom of the striker inducing a stoppage.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    A striker/firing pin tip protruding from the breech face will stop the normal cycle of operation since the casing is under controlled feed by the breech face and extractor: the round being fed jams against the bottom of the striker inducing a stoppage.
    Not always.

I’ve had one instance where it did, and another instance where it didn’t. Both were tt-33’s.

Remember that the case is retained into the breech by something that is spring loaded, and the striker tip isn’t a squared fixed protrusion.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Not always.

I’ve had one instance where it did, and another instance where it didn’t. Both were tt-33’s.

Remember that the case is retained into the breech by something that is spring loaded, and the striker tip isn’t a squared fixed protrusion.
    I know how firearms work. I’ve been doing this for over 25 years. I’ve also, in that time, seen many more of my scenario play out in reality than actual slam fires. FWIW.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    I know how firearms work. I’ve been doing this for over 25 years. I’ve also, in that time, seen many more of my scenario play out in reality than actual slam fires. FWIW.
    Considering we're discussing guns that are blowing up during normal usage, perhaps not taking such a declarative statement based on only your personally observed views is in order to match the outlying conditions and explore possible root causes?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Quick follow up -- Sig replaced the complete gun, including the optic, except for the FCU which was fine. They removed and reinstalled his custom parts. No charge for anything. Excellent CS!
    Thanks for the information! Did Sig provide any information on what they think the root cause of the failure was?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Quick follow up -- Sig replaced the complete gun, including the optic, except for the FCU which was fine. They removed and reinstalled his custom parts. No charge for anything. Excellent CS!
    Thanks for the info! Did they happen to say what they thought the root cause of the failure was?

Site Supporter

I have not had a chance to watch this video carefully, but there is an Sig armorer part that supposedly addresses this by modifying the disconnector.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List