Page 112 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1219

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

The out of battery thing just goes on the ever increasing list of reasons the 365 family makes more sense than the 320 as a carry gun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Literally the only SIG I'd trust today is the SP2022. Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Literally the only SIG I'd trust today is the SP2022. Best, Jon
    Yep. I don’t shoot mine anymore but every time I consider selling it I take it out, read about how rock solid they have performed in French service and then curse myself for even considering it. It’s one of the few pistols I would take into the Tundra Grizzly Adams style.

That said - I am ever amazed with my P365.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    Help me understand what you were getting at with your scenario.
    Striker may create a fixed firing pin closed bolt situation- as described in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    I just checked a P320M17 and P320M18, both 2023 mfg, and the issue is not present as it is in the video. The striker will drop but only when the barrel is in lockup with the slide. Also, on these two, as soon as the barrel begins unlocking the striker will not drop.

IÂ’m not refuting the video, just adding a data point. As we are well aware, SIG likes to change things at will and generally in a silent manner.
    I have the same outcome with my 320's as you have described. None of mine exhibit the actions as the one in the video. The barrels are all still firmly locked against the breech face when the trigger bar is disconnected from the sear.

an interesting point is, based on this video, and his particular example, tolerance stacking may make this possible with random 320's. you may have 1 in ever 10K pistols that can exhibit this due to the tolerance stacking.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I have the same outcome with my 320's as you have described. None of mine exhibit the actions as the one in the video. The barrels are all still firmly locked against the breech face when the trigger bar is disconnected from the sear.

an interesting point is, based on this video, and his particular example, tolerance stacking may make this possible with random 320's. you may have 1 in ever 10K pistols that can exhibit this due to the tolerance stacking.

TXPO
    I just checked a plain-Jane P320 Compact, manufacture date of 12/23/23, and it also does not exhibit the issue.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Post 6/2019 320s

Is it still the consensus that P320s manufactured after 6/1/2019 are good to go?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by roboster2013 View Post
    Is it still the consensus that P320s manufactured after 6/1/2019 are good to go?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by roboster2013 View Post
    I happen to believe in the scientific method and the need to replicate results. With the pre-upgrade guns, the ND issue was consistently replicable. With the post upgrade guns, nobody has been able to replicate the NDs. If you wanted to be paranoid, P320 and Safariland gun bucket holsters should not be mixed together.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Last summer I sort of fell into a P320 MAX in a trade. It felt great in my hand, I really liked the optic, it had functionally zero recoil, and it fed everything I shoved into it from NATO-hot 124gr to my P365 practice loads bunny fart 124gr reloads. The trigger was VERY light, but completely useable.

I just sold it, because, despite everything it had going for it, every time I took it to the range I was waiting for something catastrophic to happen to it/me. When all is said and done, the juice wasn't worth the squeeze over a 2011, for me. If I wanted/needed another soft-shooting, competition only 9mm, I'd probably go back to the Shadow 2.

All of the above is said in light of the fact that, at this point, nothing Sig does with the P320 platform will ever make me trust it the way I trust a Glock.

User Tag List