Page 103 of 122 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1219

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    One of those, probably the most prolific user of handguns in the DOD actually carries a round chambered and safety off as they did with the M9.
    Not sure who you are characterizing as "the most prolific user," but since at least the early 90s, the Air Force has taught the Beretta should be carried with a round chambered, hammer down, safety off. I haven't kept up with their policy on the "320," since those came into.service long after I left the Reserves.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=GJM;1535075]
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post

What is the difference in trigger pull and travel between an OEM 320 trigger and every other OEM striker trigger from Glock, HK, Walther, S&W, etc?
    Good question.

Glock is not a fully cocked striker least not in standard form, so it probably should not be compared to the others. Finishing caulking, the striker is going to require more travel.

Smith and Wesson is the only one of those other than Glock in widespread service use.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Brief OT question, apologies, but what does a 320 grip frame give you over a Macro grip frame? Are they just wider? Texture better? Sorry if a dumb question, I just don’t know much about 320s.
    The Macro grip frame doesn't have enough grip surface for my taste. I am anxiously awaiting the Wilson Macro modules.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    https://www.news4palmbeach.com/local...oting-himself/

This article befuddles more than it enlightens. The sheriff's office training unit supposedly researched the 320 (I think the captain says). Problems with the 320 were a complete surprise to the sheriff's office which is not responsible for fixing the weapons. The weapon was not sent in for the upgrade, but unless the office bought old 320's, it wouldn't have needed the upgrade.
    This was an issue that I encountered constantly when I was looking into 320 'problems' like uncommanded discharges. The departments involved didn't have a clue what they were talking about. Guns work by 'Gun Magic' as far as most cops are concerned.....and that includes most FIs in my opinion. The story isn't coherent here because no one actually understands what they're talking about, from the reporter to the department spokesperson, the involved officer or likely the training staff. Sad but true.

[QUOTE=GJM;1535075]
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post

What is the difference in trigger pull and travel between an OEM 320 trigger and every other OEM striker trigger from Glock, HK, Walther, S&W, etc?
    Only used M&P FS, VP9, Glock and all have more (some) pre travel. My Shield 2.0 and 365 have minimal to none. With the latter seen a number of people surprised (going off sooner than expected for the first round) by them especially after even shooting a Glock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Not sure who you are characterizing as "the most prolific user," but since at least the early 90s, the Air Force has taught the Beretta should be carried with a round chambered, hammer down, safety off. I haven't kept up with their policy on the "320," since those came into.service long after I left the Reserves.
    The USAF uses handguns more than the other services.

Some of the CATM guys use the thumb safety, but the SOP for the M18 is the same as the M9.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    The departments involved didn't have a clue what they were talking about. Guns work by 'Gun Magic' as far as most cops are concerned.....and that includes most FIs in my opinion.
    This ^^^^ x 1,000.

Site Supporter
    The USAF uses handguns more than the other services.

Some of the CATM guys use the thumb safety, but the SOP for the M18 is the same as the M9.
    Can confirm. Current USAF SOP for the M18 keeps the safety off almost all the time; the safety is only briefly used during the clearing barrel process.
    Given the sequence of that process, in my opinion it's an anachronism from the M9's safety also functioning as a decocker, Likely written that way by someone who was ignorant of the differences between the M18 and M9.

Obviously, CATM guys, TACP's etc can fall under different units with different SOP's that vary.

US Army SOP is safety on 24/7 except when clearing the weapon or preparing to fire, which makes more sense for the M17/M18 than it ever did for the M9 IMHO.
    Last edited by JRB; 12-17-2023 at 02:03 PM.

I haven’t either and I have ears in the right places.
    Same here. They haven't had any issues, and have over 2800 pistols in use.

We have around 30 officers carrying personally owned 320's in my department now as well, including our Chief, a WC320, it's good to be chief.

We haven't had any issues or even anything questionable, and we shoot quite a bit, more so than most agencies. We do our annual qual, but we also have two firearms training days each month, part of a Co operative. Officers from four agencies can come out and do firearms training on those two days each month.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 12-18-2023 at 08:03 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Also as a side note, I didn't see it mentioned earlier, this isn't the first time an Indian River Deputy injured themself with their duty weapon. This incident occurred with a Glock, IIRC.

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/20...nge/396464001/

They might want to think about issuing their guys rubber band guns, since they can't seen to get their handgun safety protocols under control.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

User Tag List