Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical coming out with something...?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    I'm going to give it a few days and call back and place an order then.
    What questions did you have? Ernest himself has covered it pretty well in this thread, I bet someone here could help you out!

I was trying to figure/price out what I wanted and could afford in the way of extras. I have read this entire post several times as well as other forums, LTT YouTube, LTT Facebook, and talked it over with buddies to the point we are all tired of me asking, lol.

I was curious about the NP3 / Bevel and I can't see the "juice worth the squeeze" for me, the additional cost I'm sure it worth it but that is just about the only option I will not be ordering for now.

I think I have finally figured out exactly what I'm looking for in the RDO area.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    What questions did you have? Ernest himself has covered it pretty well in this thread, I bet someone here could help you out!

Site Supporter
    I would have loved to have bought an LTT, but for my money, I bought a 92X G full size back in February and added all LTT/Wilson springs and the OP trigger bar. Those are all musts for me! I love the factory 92X grip with the hump, I don't personally love the Vertec but thats personal preference. My other pistol is a 92FS with the LTT G10 grips and the same internal work. Love them both. I sent out the slide for the 92X for the RDO job!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I was trying to figure/price out what I wanted and could afford in the way of extras. I have read this entire post several times as well as other forums, LTT YouTube, LTT Facebook, and talked it over with buddies to the point we are all tired of me asking, lol.

I was curious about the NP3 / Bevel and I can't see the "juice worth the squeeze" for me, the additional cost I'm sure it worth it but that is just about the only option I will not be ordering for now.

I think I have finally figured out exactly what I'm looking for in the RDO area.
    If I had it to do over again, I'd get the NP3 option on the working parts. Having the chance to play with guns that have had the NP3 treatment to the fire control parts it yields a trigger that is noticeably smoother. It's not that the standard setup is bad, it's just that with the slickness of the NP3 the really, really good DA trigger gets even better.

As for carry bevel, if you find that your hands are getting cut shooting a standard Beretta (larger mammals tend to have that problem) or that you are shredding clothing, damaging holsters, etc...then the carry bevel package would be worthwhile. If nothing else, if you are getting cut you could have them relieve the back of the slide as it's done on the LTT Elite guns.
    3/15/2016

I agree with the above.

If I had to do it all over again I would get a carry bevel gun.

FWIW, my first Beretta was an old 92G Elite from 1999 that Ernest worked over for my dad. The first time I handled a factory standard 92, I was surprised by how many sharp edges were on it. I didn't realize Ernest had carry beveled that old gun, but it does make a surprising difference.

I've also found that different frame types seem to have different sharp edge placement. The 92A1s, for example, have sharp edges underneath the trigger guard that eat up my middle finger. The standard 92 and M9A1 frames don't seem to have this issue, but I've seen it across multiple 92A1s over the years and is one more reason I don't own any.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Eagerly awaiting a carry bevel compact. Just hit the 9 week mark. I think they are getting even more interest and demand than they expected!

Make sure you post pics and a range report.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    Eagerly awaiting a carry bevel compact. Just hit the 9 week mark. I think they are getting even more interest and demand than they expected!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    FWIW, my first Beretta was an old 92G Elite from 1999 that Ernest worked over for my dad. The first time I handled a factory standard 92, I was surprised by how many sharp edges were on it. I didn't realize Ernest had carry beveled that old gun, but it does make a surprising difference.

I've also found that different frame types seem to have different sharp edge placement. The 92A1s, for example, have sharp edges underneath the trigger guard that eat up my middle finger. The standard 92 and M9A1 frames don't seem to have this issue, but I've seen it across multiple 92A1s over the years and is one more reason I don't own any.

This. The sharp underside of the trigger guard, and the top edge of the beavertail are the two areas that generate hotspots which turn into blisters with consecutive 500 round days with my LTT Elite. I don’t know that I need a full bevel job, but softening those two edges would really help my hands during 2-3 day classes.

Make sure you post pics and a range report.
    Here’s the pics. I have taken it out once but will take it a few more times before a report back. So far so awesome.

I’m really glad I got the compact. It has more than enough room for my hands to fully grip the pistol and is on par concealability wise as my G19, if not even slightly more concealable.

The NP3, carry bevel, and cut crown barrel are all worth it so far to me.

Name:  C5067FCD-164D-4BC5-B83B-2953B3586FC2.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  48.8 KB

Name:  9F10F27F-1CC5-49FE-9AD8-2B27FE1EA754.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  41.1 KB

Name:  53F3F319-36F6-4354-A84B-C6881454E356.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  42.1 KB

User Tag List