Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical coming out with something...?

Quote Originally Posted by Controlledpairs2 View Post
    I'm going to say this depends. If you've made the decision to fire and you're coming out of the holster you can start prepping the trigger as soon as the muzzle is in the right and safe orientation or direction. Let's say its a large target zone and relatively close. That would allow for an early trigger prep. If you had not yet decided to shoot but the gun is coming out, then you're going to prep that trigger when you decide to shoot. The technique you talk about with your front sight coming into peripheral vision is a good one. You can still see where the muzzle and optic are oriented therefore use that same method. You don't need to see a dot to prep the trigger.

I think you are doing some good training by varying when and where you prep that trigger. You're spot on about the timing part. Once you learn the travel of the trigger that timing should become more predictable and consistent.

I think you are considering the right stuff and being thoughtful about learning/managing the DA trigger.
    I appreciate the input.

As I mentioned, my previous TDA experience involved catching the front sight in my peripheral vision and using that as a signal to start prepping the trigger. What I’ve started playing with in dry fire is using the top of the optic hood as the signal. Timing will hopefully come with experience. Obviously, for a defensive arm I’m more than a little concerned about not letting a shot go before I intend for it to do so.

I’m only 350 live rounds in at this point but, among other things, I’ve already turned in the best Super Test I’ve ever shot (294/300 - and, more important than the number to me, the first time every single round has been in the black). I’ve already started socking away money for either a compact LTT 92 or a PX4CC as a companion piece. Langdon and crew really knocked this pistol out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Darryl sent me his Langdon Centurion RDO upper to mess around with. Looks good, although the BUIS could be lower in height, at least with the 507C on the slide. Also, the rear notch is cock-eyed.

Attachment 70087
    No offense to LTT, but man, that BUIS looks like it kills the RDO sight picture. Maybe it's just me but I like my BUIS to sit really low, and well, that LTT setup looks like one of the taller BUIS setups as I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    No offense to LTT, but man, that BUIS looks like it kills the RDO sight picture. Maybe it's just me but I like my BUIS to sit really low, and well, that LTT setup looks like one of the taller BUIS setups as I've seen.
    Might be the camera angle from those photos. When you look through it straight on I think the height is a pretty good compromise.

Name:  IMG_5785.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  18.3 KB 407c

Name:  IMG_5786.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  17.6 KB SRO

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I appreciate the input.

As I mentioned, my previous TDA experience involved catching the front sight in my peripheral vision and using that as a signal to start prepping the trigger. What I’ve started playing with in dry fire is using the top of the optic hood as the signal. Timing will hopefully come with experience. Obviously, for a defensive arm I’m more than a little concerned about not letting a shot go before I intend for it to do so.

I’m only 350 live rounds in at this point but, among other things, I’ve already turned in the best Super Test I’ve ever shot (294/300 - and, more important than the number to me, the first time every single round has been in the black). I’ve already started socking away money for either a compact LTT 92 or a PX4CC as a companion piece. Langdon and crew really knocked this pistol out of the park.
    I agree with what you are working in dry fire. Good thinking. Congrats on the super test score! Once I had some time on a full size, a compact was soon acquired. I have heard great things about the px4cc but I am too much of a 92-fanatic to bypass adding another to the pile.

RDO full size slides are back in stock. Now you can order with a non rmr plate right away.

https://langdontactical.com/92-elite...t-ready-slide/
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    RDO full size slides are back in stock. Now you can order with a non rmr plate right away.

https://langdontactical.com/92-elite...t-ready-slide/
    My wallet did not need me to see that.

Has anyone run an RDO with a DPP yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Marex View Post
    Has anyone run an RDO with a DPP yet?
    To update:

I went for it and after some wait for the plate to come in, it's all mated up: DPP + LTT RDO Centurion.

The DPP plate does not have a rear integrated sight so you will need the DPP rear sight insert. The overall height over bore of the dot appears greater than an RMR but I don't have any measurements to demonstrate this.

Initial impressions are very favorable though much more time is needed behind it to make a final assessment. Nonetheless, this matchup feels like the best fit for me out of the optics I've tried thus far (RMR, Holosun 508T and now DPP).

I found a guy with an unfired, loaded LTT RDO and picked it up..unfired, but he mounted an SRO to it. Somewhere inbetween him mounting and unmounting the SRO to flip it to me, one of the t-pieces in the mount broke I have more on order, but it looks like I need to remove the RDO plate to reinstall it? I'm replacing both, since I figure if there was a bad batch of t-pieces and one of mine broke, the other probably will to...

Has anyone removed the plate from the gun before? Do I need to be concerned about parts flying out and springs getting lost, or is it still all self-contained? I'll disassemble it in a bag just to make sure, but it's re-assembly that I'm a bit concerned about, if the plate itself is holding some bits in..

Also, I contacted LTT and asked about an RDO plate for the Acro/Steiner MPS - it wasn't in their FAQs. They replied they're no longer even looking at making one...it's not in the cards since they can't get their hands on an Acro. (or more than likely the several Acros they'd want to cross check things with, probably).

So the 509T is the only enclosed emitter option for them at the moment...they also updated their FAQ with this information after I called them (which is nice).

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Has anyone removed the plate from the gun before? Do I need to be concerned about parts flying out and springs getting lost, or is it still all self-contained? I'll disassemble it in a bag just to make sure, but it's re-assembly that I'm a bit concerned about, if the plate itself is holding some bits in..
    So the 509T is the only enclosed emitter option for them at the moment...they also updated their FAQ with this information after I called them (which is nice).
    Just the firing pin block spring captured by the plate. When you remove the plate, just do it slowly or in a bag as you said.

The 509T plate looks very promising. Optic sits a little higher than the RMR so rear BUIS blocks less of the window. 2 of mine have lost zero due to optic becoming loose on the plate. They seem to be aware of a potential issue so perhaps the next run of plates will have some changes.

User Tag List