Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical coming out with something...?

that's a Rigatoni Special alright

Quote Originally Posted by THeHumbleMarksman View Post
    Hi! I'm the guy from the video.

I can appreciate good gun safety (I practice it!). The reason the hammer is back when demoing the pistol up close and personal is because prior to hitting record and whenever I pick up a pistol prior to potentially manipulating the trigger I check the chamber - in this case cocking the hammer. The screen shots you noted - only one has a magazine seated - might have been a clue to the condition of the pistol. Further - the ONLY time the chamber was loaded in this filming with hammer back was making adjustments to zero while gun was on target. So crucify me for that if you must but note muzzle /trigger discipline - take my word it's a safe direction and I'd love to hear how you make adjustments to red dots on striker guns while zeroing - because everyone I've seen zero a striker gun keeps the mag in and the chamber is hot while making adjustments. I do hope you apply the same standard to watching videos on striker guns noting trigger position when manipulated - I bet it's exhausting trying to get upset at the right time!
    Thanks for your review, and participating on PF. Around here, we are big on manipulations. That means decocking DA/SA pistols appropriately, using the thumb safety on 1911 pistols and AR carbines. You are not demoing a striker gun. A major advantage of a DA/SA pistol is being able to decock the pistol and having a longer/heavier trigger pull for times you are not shooting. This is a Beretta 92 not a Shadow 2 — the 92 has a very functional decocker.

I compete most every weekend, have been active on PF since it’s inception, and have had the benefit of courses from many of the best tactical and competition instructors. I also regularly post videos here, which I expect are reviewed carefully and freely critiqued. If I didn’t decock, and compounded that by explaining the gun “wasn’t loaded,” I would get a lot of crap for it, and justifiably so. I would say take a class with Ernest, or at least watch his videos, learn to decock a Beretta 92 and it will be easier to focus on the good stuff you discuss.

My wife and I are registered shooting CO at Area 1 and 2 this fall, so maybe we can meet in person. PF is a great forum, with a great signal to noise ratio, so I hope you become a regular contributor!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    We are not in a big rush on the PX4 as we cannot get any new guns from Beretta, and it looks like we will not get any for several months. It's hard to justify development on a product that is not available.

Focus right now is on several new adaptor plates and milling brigadier slides.
    @LangdonTactical are they unable to supply you due to overwhelming demand, or is there some other factor? Given the possibility that it may be months for something specific to be back in stock, what do you still have (92s, PX4s?) available in stock?

That is a tough call, but right now the SRO gets the nod for me from a shootable standpoint. The Holosun gets the nod as the best of both size and shootablity. I have the Holosun on my compact that I have been carrying and I have SROs on my full size and Centurian "Open Gun" (mag well, compensator, dot).

We are not in a big rush on the PX4 as we cannot get any new guns from Beretta, and it looks like we will not get any for several months. It's hard to justify development on a product that is not available.

Focus right now is on several new adaptor plates and milling brigadier slides.
    A separate but related question, Ernest - do y’all have any 92 Compacts in stock currently? Thanks!

Cool Langdon website shows Compacts in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by mhl6493 View Post
    A separate but related question, Ernest - do y’all have any 92 Compacts in stock currently? Thanks!

Attachment 58699

THIS IS NOT A PRODUCT THAT WE OFFER!!!! Please do not email me or anyone else about getting your gun built like this! I have lots of testing to do before we even talk about doing anything like this. That said, it is a ton of fun to shoot. Jarvis Barrel and Comp. Springer Mag well and mag bottom (they sell them now if you want them).

We will likely cut a brig tac slide sometime next week and see what we can do.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thanks for your review, and participating on PF. Around here, we are big on manipulations. That means decocking DA/SA pistols appropriately, using the thumb safety on 1911 pistols and AR carbines. You are not demoing a striker gun. A major advantage of a DA/SA pistol is being able to decock the pistol and having a longer/heavier trigger pull for times you are not shooting. This is a Beretta 92 not a Shadow 2 — the 92 has a very functional decocker.

I compete most every weekend, have been active on PF since it’s inception, and have had the benefit of courses from many of the best tactical and competition instructors. I also regularly post videos here, which I expect are reviewed carefully and freely critiqued. If I didn’t decock, and compounded that by explaining the gun “wasn’t loaded,” I would get a lot of crap for it, and justifiably so. I would say take a class with Ernest, or at least watch his videos, learn to decock a Beretta 92 and it will be easier to focus on the good stuff you discuss.

My wife and I are registered shooting CO at Area 1 and 2 this fall, so maybe we can meet in person. PF is a great forum, with a great signal to noise ratio, so I hope you become a regular contributor!
    That's awesome you guys compete. Sounds like you're in the W/NW - I haven't made it that way for a major (yet) though I look forward to it one day. My majors for the rest of the year are Area 4, North Texas Open, Factory Gun Nationals.

By no means do I desire to have beef or drama - I suspect we'd likely get along and even like each other were we to meet in person. I fully acknowledge text without tonality sounds overly sterile, cold, and confrontational. I could have been overly sensitive to the posts you made previously from and not "heard" them how they were intended - so please do hear me saying all of this in the warmest "Bro, C'mon" type of tone. As I give you full benefit of the doubt as well.

If we were standing at a safe table at a match and you spoke to me for handling a gun with the hammer back the way you did in this thread you'd be thought of as a jerk regardless of your pedigree. None of the 4 laws were broken - the hammer was just back when being demoed in a safety checked condition. I think you agree that the safe area or setting up a room to dryfire changes the context for how a pistol can be handled safely to a very limited extent. Displaying the gun to the camera in a safety checked condition - while pointed at the berm in my gun club I think grants a similar degree of license as the safe table or dryfire. If I were standing on a range in the middle of a training session waving a gun around with a hammer back - by all means lay it on me as that is potentially unsafe. I would suggest that displaying the gun to the camera is more akin to a safe table session of show and tell than anything else. If you can't get past that the hammer was back in the given context then we can agree to disagree. I am not suggesting being lax with gun safety - but I am suggesting that the handling of a specific platform does have some flexibility (to a very limited extent) rather than a rigid dogma all the time. And as you probably are dryfiring and have looked at guns at safe tables I'm sure you probably acknowledge that flexibility as well.

I fully accept all slings and arrows regarding how I was decocking the gun - it was my very first time shooting a double action drill with a 92 and you got to see it on camera warts and all.

May you and your wife "burn it down" a A1 and A2 and may none of our matches be sidelined due to the 'Rona and may components and ammo flow like water again.

Quote Originally Posted by THeHumbleMarksman View Post
    That's awesome you guys compete. Sounds like you're in the W/NW - I haven't made it that way for a major (yet) though I look forward to it one day. My majors for the rest of the year are Area 4, North Texas Open, Factory Gun Nationals.

By no means do I desire to have beef or drama - I suspect we'd likely get along and even like each other were we to meet in person. I fully acknowledge text without tonality sounds overly sterile, cold, and confrontational. I could have been overly sensitive to the posts you made previously from and not "heard" them how they were intended - so please do hear me saying all of this in the warmest "Bro, C'mon" type of tone. As I give you full benefit of the doubt as well.

If we were standing at a safe table at a match and you spoke to me for handling a gun with the hammer back the way you did in this thread you'd be thought of as a jerk regardless of your pedigree. None of the 4 laws were broken - the hammer was just back when being demoed in a safety checked condition. I think you agree that the safe area or setting up a room to dryfire changes the context for how a pistol can be handled safely to a very limited extent. Displaying the gun to the camera in a safety checked condition - while pointed at the berm in my gun club I think grants a similar degree of license as the safe table or dryfire. If I were standing on a range in the middle of a training session waving a gun around with a hammer back - by all means lay it on me as that is potentially unsafe. I would suggest that displaying the gun to the camera is more akin to a safe table session of show and tell than anything else. If you can't get past that the hammer was back in the given context then we can agree to disagree. I am not suggesting being lax with gun safety - but I am suggesting that the handling of a specific platform does have some flexibility (to a very limited extent) rather than a rigid dogma all the time. And as you probably are dryfiring and have looked at guns at safe tables I'm sure you probably acknowledge that flexibility as well.

I fully accept all slings and arrows regarding how I was decocking the gun - it was my very first time shooting a double action drill with a 92 and you got to see it on camera warts and all.

May you and your wife "burn it down" a A1 and A2 and may none of our matches be sidelined due to the 'Rona and may components and ammo flow like water again.
    No worries, we are all good. If I were to say what I meant to in a lot fewer words, it would have been “hey dude, you are obviously a very talented shooter, but decock the damn hammer so I can focus on your shooting and review, and not feel like I am talking to a guy with his zipper down.

We have a dedicated red dot sub forum, and I hope you will consider posting your videos in a running thread. I am shooting a Glock in CO now, have shot a Shadow off and on, and will be very interested in how the 92 works out for you in CO. Looks like there is real heat in CO at your local club. My number is TY24066.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    No worries, we are all good. If I were to say what I meant to in a lot fewer words, it would have been “hey dude, you are obviously a very talented shooter, but decock the damn hammer so I can focus on your shooting and review, and not feel like I am talking to a guy with his zipper down.

We have a dedicated red dot sub forum, and I hope you will consider posting your videos in a running thread. I am shooting a Glock in CO now, have shot a Shadow off and on, and will be very interested in how the 92 works out for you in CO. Looks like there is real heat in CO at your local club. My number is TY24066.
    For sure man. Looking you up it looks like you guys have 2 matches a weekend where you are some weekends- I'm real envious of that. Once my boys get bigger I'm hopeful to increase my participation once they get involved in the game.

We do have one guy local who recently shot 94% of Max at the Double Tap Championship - but I see you get to shoot at Rio Salado sometimes so I doubt I'll get much sympathy from you LOL!

I'll definitely check in the red dot forum - that's obviously where one of my passions lie.

Quote Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post
    @LangdonTactical are they unable to supply you due to overwhelming demand, or is there some other factor? Given the possibility that it may be months for something specific to be back in stock, what do you still have (92s, PX4s?) available in stock?
    Beretta told them no compact carries until at least end of October I believe. I don't think they need another mounting solution to the one they have for the px4. Just if they can get someone to make the back up sights for it they would have my cash. Will probably send in the 92 in a couple weeks, but I do find the px4 to shoot a little better for me.

User Tag List