Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical coming out with something...?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    It looks like it's gonna be about as graceful as clamping an RDS onto a shotgun's sight rib.
    Yup, the mount is still going to have be high enough to let the firing pin block lift, unlike the Langdon mount which redesigned those parts.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Darryl sent me his Langdon Centurion RDO upper to mess around with. Looks good, although the BUIS could be lower in height, at least with the 507C on the slide. Also, the rear notch is cock-eyed.

Name:  B6D0C234-625C-4ABC-8A8D-E0EC7C5131F9.jpg
Views: 1936
Size:  34.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Wow, mine sure doesn't look like that. I would think LTT would be willing to send out a new rear sight/rmr plate.

Agree on the BUIS height, wish it was 1/8" or so lower, but it is basically the 'standard' height I have seen on most setups.

Anyone here running a modified Safariland RDO holster with one of these?

If so, which one?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Darryl sent me his Langdon Centurion RDO upper to mess around with. Looks good, although the BUIS could be lower in height, at least with the 507C on the slide. Also, the rear notch is cock-eyed.

Name:  B6D0C234-625C-4ABC-8A8D-E0EC7C5131F9.jpg
Views: 1936
Size:  34.5 KB
    That looks like crap, hopefully LTT replaced that RDO plate!

Quote Originally Posted by WeldingRod View Post
    That looks like crap, hopefully LTT replaced that RDO plate!
    Of course, fixed it in a nano second.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone has head if LTT is designing an ACRO plate?

They have commented on their IG that they have been working on it...but that it has been taking longer than expected due to some obstacles. Their words were "it's a long story".

For those with Langdon RDOs (or TDA guns with dots): when presenting from the holster, when do you begin working the DA shot? From low/high ready?

The reason I ask is that my TDA experience was with iron sights and many years ago. At the time I could catch the front sight in my peripheral vision and steer the gun onto target, thus meaning I could be relatively confident I was at least somewhat on target when I began working the trigger. Obviously this does not work with a dot because you generally do not see the reticle until the gun is up into your eye line. With the dot, I basically place the gun onto the target, bringing the gun into my eyeline. Typically with an SFA I will prep the trigger when the gun is close to eye level before confirming the sight picture and firing.

Right now I’m playing with starting the trigger press towards the end of my presentation, but it’s very much a timing thing - work the trigger too fast and the shot breaks when it shouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    For those with Langdon RDOs (or TDA guns with dots): when presenting from the holster, when do you begin working the DA shot? From low/high ready?

The reason I ask is that my TDA experience was with iron sights and many years ago. At the time I could catch the front sight in my peripheral vision and steer the gun onto target, thus meaning I could be relatively confident I was at least somewhat on target when I began working the trigger. Obviously this does not work with a dot because you generally do not see the reticle until the gun is up into your eye line. With the dot, I basically place the gun onto the target, bringing the gun into my eyeline. Typically with an SFA I will prep the trigger when the gun is close to eye level before confirming the sight picture and firing.

Right now I’m playing with starting the trigger press towards the end of my presentation, but it’s very much a timing thing - work the trigger too fast and the shot breaks when it shouldn’t.
    I'm going to say this depends. If you've made the decision to fire and you're coming out of the holster you can start prepping the trigger as soon as the muzzle is in the right and safe orientation or direction. Let's say its a large target zone and relatively close. That would allow for an early trigger prep. If you had not yet decided to shoot but the gun is coming out, then you're going to prep that trigger when you decide to shoot. The technique you talk about with your front sight coming into peripheral vision is a good one. You can still see where the muzzle and optic are oriented therefore use that same method. You don't need to see a dot to prep the trigger.

I think you are doing some good training by varying when and where you prep that trigger. You're spot on about the timing part. Once you learn the travel of the trigger that timing should become more predictable and consistent.

I think you are considering the right stuff and being thoughtful about learning/managing the DA trigger.

User Tag List