Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical coming out with something...?

Who gives a shit if he decocks the gun in a weird way? I'd rather see a review of a gun from someone who can shoot but doesn't decock in the "approved" manner than a review from someone who can't shoot but looks cool while decocking the gun. Dude is a Master class USPSA shooter with his Glock. Some of y'all need to spend more time practicing the things that make a difference on target or on the timer rather than worrying about how to decock the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    For any of us with more experienced (older) eyes this is great news to say the least. I really believe optics on pistols is the future for multiple reasons. The lack of RDO options on the 92's was actually making me have bad thoughts of dropping the DA/SA pistols and going Glock/Walther with their optic ready slides. That would include selling of a LTT FS, 2 PX4 Carrys, and 3 PX4 Compact Carrys.

Had a couple of questions which I don't think have come up yet:

1) Any rough idea on the cost of the spare slides when they become available? Recently installed the newer LTT front ameriglow sight on my FS LTT. I love the option of just ordering a back up slide and having it machined to give this RDO thing a try while getting my other slide set up with irons.

2) I have noticed especially in the Glock world that more than a few previous 17/34 owners have gone with the 19X/45 setup for optics. What I often hear is the "compact" slide/full size grip combo cycles flatter than the longer slide versions which seems to keep the dot in view through recoil. Now that you have had some time with FS, Centurion, Compact RDO protypes what has been your experience, esp FS vs Centurion for the RDO?

3) You have previously mentioned that even with the compact LTT available that the PX4 compact is still any awfully compelling compact/carry option. Does that still hold with RDO options of the compact LTT vs PX4?

4) Finally, i know this will be a big ask but how much of the lessons learned on developing the RDO LTT could be applied to the PX4 platform? I'm guessing we are talking at minimum new firing pin, FP block, extractor pin, and safety plunger. Seems like with the integrated rear sight on your mounting plate you could get the RDO further back on the slide and lower than your current option.

However, I doubt that would make much business sense. You have no doubt drastically increased interest in the PX4 platform but it still pales im guessing to the 92 market. I carry the PX4 CC and its been the only semi auto pistol I have gotten my wife to shoot consistently. That being said, if the 92 RDO package won't be an option for the PX4's, especially the compacts I see some LTT RDOs in the future.

Thanks as always, the LTT RDO will keep from slipping into the abyss of the striker world.
    The px4 has had a red dot optic service available for over a year from ltt. Only issue is no back up irons available yet, they are still trying to find someone to make them given the market is so small.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Who gives a shit if he decocks the gun in a weird way? I'd rather see a review of a gun from someone who can shoot but doesn't decock in the "approved" manner than a review from someone who can't shoot but looks cool while decocking the gun. Dude is a Master class USPSA shooter with his Glock. Some of y'all need to spend more time practicing the things that make a difference on target or on the timer rather than worrying about how to decock the gun.
    Yeah, this is spot on ^^^

I did not like his manipulation of the gun either, but I could also give him 30 seconds of instruction and fix that real quick. Teaching someone how to prep the trigger (which he does very well) and not ride the reset to get a click (which he also does not do) takes a really long time to fix!!!!

Also, he did shoot quite a bit of DA in this video, more than most do that is for sure. So give him a thumbs up for that as well.

I wish he would get himself a 12.5 or 11.5 lb recoil spring and watch that recoil flatten out with his reloads. I think he would be really happy then!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I could care less how he decocks, just that he does it. Bill Wilson decocks without using the decocker, and we all do with a Shadow 2. In the first minute or two, I saw stuff like this, and frankly stopped watching.

Name:  46B0AC14-9B6F-40A1-8F01-1C033A777631.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  46.4 KB

Name:  7C48E869-14DF-4F5F-9D17-26C8898FFF95.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  50.5 KB

Name:  3F346681-9B8A-484A-BC61-ADF3B9C8E1E9.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  52.3 KB

These were with a loaded chamber pistol. I am equal opportunity — if the guy was demoing a 1911 and held it loaded with the thumb safety off, or a lever gun with the hammer back, equally wrong. On PF, when there is a video and a the guy doesn’t know that the DA/SA pistol is decocked in a situation like this, I am not investing time to see what else he has to say.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I was admittedly being a bit of an ass with the first pic., but he could have spent a couple days with the gun before filming a video. Like @GJM this made me cringe though, adjusting the dot on your pistol with a loaded chamber and hammer cocked is bad juju.

Name:  38C52B5A-7BEC-48A4-B857-AF4EC9B4B465.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  34.2 KB
    im strong, i can run faster than train

The reason I jumped in earlier was because I found it a little ridiculous to single out the one time he de-cocked in a weird way and use that as the basis for judging his credibility. For what it's worth, I agree that it's not safe to be trying to show off a loaded DA/SA gun with the hammer cocked. In fact it makes me a little uncomfortable to see people trying to show off a loaded gun for the camera regardless of what kind of trigger system the gun has.

While "patiently" for my LTT Compact slide to to be returned from LTT, I ordered a holosun 407C - gr-v2green 2days later they canceled my order and refunded my money.
    So last night I ordered this one 1: Holosun HE507C-GR-V2 Green Dot Sight, 2 MOA Dot, Black, HE507C-GR-V2, i hope i have better luck with this company.

For any of us with more experienced (older) eyes this is great news to say the least. I really believe optics on pistols is the future for multiple reasons. The lack of RDO options on the 92's was actually making me have bad thoughts of dropping the DA/SA pistols and going Glock/Walther with their optic ready slides. That would include selling of a LTT FS, 2 PX4 Carrys, and 3 PX4 Compact Carrys.

1) Any rough idea on the cost of the spare slides when they become available? Recently installed the newer LTT front ameriglow sight on my FS LTT. I love the option of just ordering a back up slide and having it machined to give this RDO thing a try while getting my other slide set up with irons.

2) I have noticed especially in the Glock world that more than a few previous 17/34 owners have gone with the 19X/45 setup for optics. What I often hear is the "compact" slide/full size grip combo cycles flatter than the longer slide versions which seems to keep the dot in view through recoil. Now that you have had some time with FS, Centurion, Compact RDO protypes what has been your experience, esp FS vs Centurion for the RDO?

3) You have previously mentioned that even with the compact LTT available that the PX4 compact is still any awfully compelling compact/carry option. Does that still hold with RDO options of the compact LTT vs PX4?

4) Finally, i know this will be a big ask but how much of the lessons learned on developing the RDO LTT could be applied to the PX4 platform? I'm guessing we are talking at minimum new firing pin, FP block, extractor pin, and safety plunger. Seems like with the integrated rear sight on your mounting plate you could get the RDO further back on the slide and lower than your current option.

However, I doubt that would make much business sense. You have no doubt drastically increased interest in the PX4 platform but it still pales im guessing to the 92 market. I carry the PX4 CC and its been the only semi auto pistol I have gotten my wife to shoot consistently. That being said, if the 92 RDO package won't be an option for the PX4's, especially the compacts I see some LTT RDOs in the future.

Thanks as always, the LTT RDO will keep from slipping into the abyss of the striker world.
    @LangdonTactical

Any thoughts on above?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1. We are supposed to get our first shipment of slides this month.
    2. ??? Personal Preference. I really like the centurion, flat shooting and the full-size grip does make for easier reloads. The compact frame does help conceal the gun by quite a bit.
    3. Not sure what you are asking here? The RDO option on the 92 Compact is better than our current option on the PX4. So with an RDO, the 92 compact is better, as of today.
    4. Likely, but it may be a while before we can dedicate time there.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Langdon Tactical coming out with something...?

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    1. We are supposed to get our first shipment of slides this month.
    2. ??? Personal Preference. I really like the centurion, flat shooting and the full-size grip does make for easier reloads. The compact frame does help conceal the gun by quite a bit.
    3. Not sure what you are asking here? The RDO option on the 92 Compact is better than our current option on the PX4. So with an RDO, the 92 compact is better, as of today.
    4. Likely, but it may be a while before we can dedicate time there.
    1 and 2. Good to know. May see if I can get some $$ for the 2 FS PX4 carry’s and turn that into a RDO NP3 Centurion. If not will buy a new FS RDO slide. I have a factory threaded barrel I can drop in (as you suggested in the other thread). (Probably should have the mods combine the 2 threads).

3. Answered what I was looking for. Compact RDO, 92 option is a real advantage to PX4 at this point

4. Will hold onto the PX4 compacts and see what shakes out. If it makes sense in the future for a 92 RDO option on the PX4 I’ll have 3 slides for you. If not, will have to give the 92 compact a run. Could you potentially use the same mounting plate on the PX4 if you do similar modifications to the FP and FP block?

Bonus question #5:

Have you tried taking a dremel to a Safariland holster yet? Any chance Safariland would actually consider a RDO holster for the 92? (Come on LASD, buy up all of Ernest’s LTT RDOs so we get a holster).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by CoGT3; 08-04-2020 at 06:39 PM.

User Tag List