Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical coming out with something...?

Got my slide. Took a bit of cycling back and forth to break in, but now it's finally running smooth. Put it on a WC Centurion frame with a factory threaded bbl. I haven't used an RDO-equipped pistol all that much, so I figured I'd start with an inexpensive Swampfox dot to see if I like the concept. I zeroed it this past weekend. Runs like a top with the 115gr Magtech and Lawman I had sitting around.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    At this time we have only proved out the adaptor plate for the RMR/Holosun footprint. Others are coming including the ACRO.
    Pardon the quoting of an old post - Any ideas on when this may come about? And/or if the Acro adaptor plate could be retrofitted to existing LTT/Beretta slides cut for the current RMR footprint plate? Because that would be pretty awesome, if someone were to buy one today and be able to get an Acro mounted to it in the future without having to buy a whole new slide..just a new plate and mounting it.

Thanks for your time!

[img][/url][/img]

Wilson Combat Centurion with LTT RDO Compact Slide and Holosun 407C V2.

I’ve had my compact to the range a few times. I am pretty novice to DA/SA but have really enjoyed shooting this! I wanted to take it out a few times running various drills and really trying to learn the DA trigger stroke and transition to SA.

I took it to the range today to try FAST and Super Test from concealment to see where I stand compared to my 19 or 365. Both of which are irons.

My first FAST, cold, was 6.83, second was 6.6 and third was a 7.8 as I missed a shot to the head box dropping 2 seconds.

I am surprised how much more accurate I am with my first shot from the holster in double action compared to my 19 and 365. I struggle with the second show to the head box right now with the 92. This drill has also shown me the results of me not practicing reloads very often. I’m pretty bad. My split from second shot to third shot is always over 2 seconds. My best 19 is a 6.5 FAST, cold and 365 is a 7.1 FAST.

I then ran a Super Test from concealment.

Name:  17FFD8AB-D8AA-4E28-9885-996A8593B0F3.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  54.0 KB

This beats my 19 at 284 and my 365 at 271.

The recoil is definitely different than the 19 and especially the 365. In a good way. I’m most surprised by how much I actually like the first shot in double action. I am much more accurate and not any slower. My struggle right now is transitioning to the lighter single action. I measured the trigger pull out of the box at 6.5 lb DA and 3.5 SA. Measuring it today it is about the same. I can’t compare it to a non carry bevel but I have really enjoyed the feel of the gun and have not had issues with hot or sore spots after long sessions. The NP3 makes the trigger pull very smooth. Again, I don’t have much in the way of other DA/SA to compare it to.

Carrying it has been enjoyable although it is of course heavier than what I’m used to with a 19 or 365. It is still very comfortable with the JMCK wing claw, high ride mag pouch, and foundation belt. It conceals very well. As well as my 19.

Pretty excited about it and looking forward to getting better with it.

Name:  B9C1FAD1-B283-45D6-8ED6-BB19CADAD0AD.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  36.8 KB

92 RDO Repeat FTEs

I need some help. Is anyone else having an FTE with their 92 RDO every 50-100 rounds? I already sent the gun back to LTT on an RMA. They installed a new ejector spring but the problem has persisted since I first got the gun. Maybe a recoil spring problem? I've been shooting factory 147gr Speer Lawman and Blazer Brass out of it. I'm trying to improve in USPSA with this but having a malf every stage is frustrating to say the least. Any ideas? I have pictures of the FTE but I don't think I can post attachments. Maybe because I'm a new poster?

The folks at LTT have been fantastic to work with. I just don't want to bother them with another RMA if it's an issue I can rectify.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTom View Post
    I need some help. Is anyone else having an FTE with their 92 RDO every 50-100 rounds? I already sent the gun back to LTT on an RMA. They installed a new ejector spring but the problem has persisted since I first got the gun. Maybe a recoil spring problem? I've been shooting factory 147gr Speer Lawman and Blazer Brass out of it. I'm trying to improve in USPSA with this but having a malf every stage is frustrating to say the least. Any ideas? I have pictures of the FTE but I don't think I can post attachments. Maybe because I'm a new poster?

The folks at LTT have been fantastic to work with. I just don't want to bother them with another RMA if it's an issue I can rectify.
    Name:  RDO1.jpg
Views: 1298
Size:  33.5 KB

Figured out the attachment. Sorry. I'm new to this.

EDIT: Just ordered an 11.5# recoil spring from LTT. I'll report back after this Saturday's USPSA match.

I’ve run about 1200 through mine issue free. Mix of 124 AE, 115 AE, 147 AE, 147 HST, and 150 syntech.

Is it me or does it look like it’s wedged under the SRO similar to a pic GJM posted of a case wedged under an SRO on a different pistol? Could it be the optic pushing the case back near the ejection port like that? Hard to tell but it doesn’t sound like it from what you’re describing but it does LOOK like it in the pic.

@ Tlong

I currently carry a Gen 5 19 MOS with 507C V2, is the LTT Compact RDS worth the extra $ to switch?

Thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    @ Tlong

I currently carry a Gen 5 19 MOS with 507C V2, is the LTT Compact RDS worth the extra $ to switch?

Thanks
    Steve
    That’s a tough one! My initial thought is no, it’s most likely not. A scenario where it would be worth the switch is if the DA/SA appeals to you. Whether that be related to safety, both with holstering and first shot from the draw, the light SA or recoil characteristics of the 92.

If you’ve got a bunch of gear and time spent behind the 19 and don’t really want some of the DA/SA things above, it’s probably not worth it honestly. In a recent class where we did a lot of moving and shooting, no shoots and shoots, I appreciated not having to think about whether to decock or not. Obviously that comes down to investing time in training the DA/SA and should be considered when decided whether it’s worth not only the money, but the time invested to learn how to run it right.

The above appealed to me as well as hearing from so many others that shooting a DA/SA will make me a better shooter. And with the LTT in particular, I know I’m getting a fine tuned pistol that has been looked over by the team at LTT.

After shooting it a bit, I have come to really love the DA first shot. I am far more accurate than I am from the draw with my 19, irons or dot, and just as fast. Being able to be more aggressive on the trigger works for me. Going back to the 19 I have to really consciously remember to not be as aggressive on the striker fired trigger from the draw.

Thanks for the info, you confirmed that I need to stick with what I have. Maybe I’ll save up for one and start practicing with it

User Tag List