Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bari Weiss, NY Times editor resigns with scathing resignation letter

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    True.
    I just don't know if anyone has their eyes open.

Covid, as well as the protests and riots, and Trump's responses to them, have energized the far left in a big way.

I don't think that being a more inclusive, resounding with the masses of different populations newspaper is NYT's main goal right now.
    The thing is that people have the opportunity to decide for themselves if this is the kind of "regime" they want to live under if the Dems take control of the White House, both houses of congress, and the "official" press.

On the bright side, our Chairman Mao inspired gulag outfits will mean we don't have to spend much time wondering what to wear.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    There are a lot of interesting thoughts on this. One of my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post

Covid, as well as the protests and riots, and Trump's responses to them, have energized the far left in a big way.
    Bingo.

As many folks will be voting “Against Trump” in 2020 as “Against Hillary” in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    That’s some serious wishful thinking, right there, my principled friend.
    "Doomed to repeat it" and all that. Once that's gone, we may as well spend all day sharpening knives and loading magazines. I'm hoping that the pendulum swings.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    The left is truly eating itself.
    I'll be fine.

At this point, I'm less concerned with the Times's (and Washington Post's, CNN's, FOX's, etc.) editorial biases -- while they feel more extreme than they did five years ago, they also don't even pretend to hide them anymore, so I feel like readers at least know what they're getting when they read. It is, however, somewhat shameful that there's little difference between the traditional "respectable" outlets and the ramblings of some blogger.

What I'm ignorant about is how much influence those outlets actually have beyond their partisan camps. They're plainly seeking to use their traditional positions as informers to drive national opinion. I'm just curious who's actually listening beyond folks who've already made up their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    I'll be fine.
    Me too, I'm not a leftist.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I'm just curious who's actually listening beyond folks who've already made up their minds.
    I feel like to some degree it's inevitable - it's extremely hard to find a truly unbiased news source that simply reports facts these days. I usually visit RealClearPolitics.com to get a good sense of the mixed aggregate, but lately I don't really want to click any of the links anymore. They read almost like telegraphs from two alternate universes.

The biggest middle finger to this new McCarthyism is a vote for Trump.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    There are a lot of interesting thoughts on this. One of my favorite.
    That was pretty good. “Brahmin Left”, I like it.
    #RESIST

User Tag List