Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock factory modular magwell - whoopsie or not?

The Gen 5 magwell is awesome to reload to, and I wonder why they don’t do the same thing to the 43X/48?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    For 19s I prefer a magwell because they help wedge my hand into the grip.

More pinky pressure results in better recoil control.
    This... I keep waiting for someone to make a small carry style magwell for newest 19.5 sans the cutout just for the pinky ledge.

I got one. It's not mounted on my G45 yet. Just slides on from the front and will snap into place . . . they say.

Instructions include "It may require some force to mount . . ."

Yeah, some. I'll try again later lol

Attachment 57746
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I've never had any issues whatsoever with speed reloading my Gen 3 and Gen4 Glocks, what with their OEM "narrow" magwell-and the Gen5s come with an integrally flared one from the get-go.

Not saying it's a bad thing, I just question the real need for it...

Best, Jon
    your personal condition and determining other folk's "need" aside, there is a massive market out there for "flared" magwells of one sort or another, with some even attaining unobtanium internet fandom simply by being endorsed by the right "only those in the know, know" gun celebrities.

So there's clearly a market, made up or not, and IMO having an option that comes right from the folks that make the gun seems like a good thing to me.

Even if I don't personally want one as someone that used to SO/RO and teach shooters I'm always in favor of bolt-ons that work, no matter how stupid I think they are, because it means the guy that I think is a dipshit for bolting it on will at least be more likely to have a gun that runs and therefore more likely to get out of the way. Hell, even as a competitive shooter and not an SO/RO, there's not much more annoying at a match that some dingleberry with his new-hotness shooting last in D-class with a gun that won't work.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I put Agency low profile aluminum magwells on every Glock they will fit on (right now I have them on my 19X's and my Gen4 17).
    The funnel effect is just a bonus, the real benefit is that dry fire reload practice chews up the replaceable magwell instead of the serialized grip frame.
    Anyone who's done a few thousand dry fire magazine insertions on the clock knows how chewed up the bottom of the grip frame gets.
    I also like the support shelf that really locks my pinky finger in place.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Even if I don't personally want one as someone that used to SO/RO and teach shooters I'm always in favor of bolt-ons that work, no matter how stupid I think they are, because it means the guy that I think is a dipshit for bolting it on will at least be more likely to have a gun that runs and therefore more likely to get out of the way. Hell, even as a competitive shooter and not an SO/RO, there's not much more annoying at a match that some dingleberry with his new-hotness shooting last in D-class with a gun that won't work.
    It's a good thing you stepped away from RO'ing and teaching for a while if you were getting annoyed at "D-class dingleberry's and dipshits who won't get out of the way".
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    It's a good thing you stepped away from RO'ing and teaching for a while if you were getting annoyed at "D-class dingleberry's and dipshits who won't get out of the way".
    I think everyone gets annoyed by these folks to one degree or another. I’m not talking about new shooters and the like, I’m talking about the Guys that seem to go out of their way to be and cause a problem with every bolt on they can buy on the internet, and do so week after week after month after year.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The funnel effect is just a bonus, the real benefit is that dry fire reload practice chews up the replaceable magwell instead of the serialized grip frame.
    Jay Beal knows that pain.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btinjbdn..._web_copy_link

Well it feels ok. That said it's a big wider than I'd like so I don't think it's going to make it on the carry gun after all but worth a try. It seems a bit flimsy on the standard gun but I tried it on another gun I have Talon grip tapes on and it seems to tighten it up a bit. The lanyard loop seems optimistic. I don't know if I'd trust that a lanyard wouldn't just rip the magwell out.

I did not follow the instructions though. It says to basically put it on and then push it back all the way but there was no way I was going to make that work so I kind of got the lips to catch on the front and then rotated it on so the rear section lines up with the plug hole.

Name:  IMG_20200801_162749.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  101.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20200801_162809.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  36.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20200801_162826.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  77.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Well it feels ok. That said it's a big wider than I'd like so I don't think it's going to make it on the carry gun after all but worth a try. It seems a bit flimsy on the standard gun but I tried it on another gun I have Talon grip tapes on and it seems to tighten it up a bit. The lanyard loop seems optimistic. I don't know if I'd trust that a lanyard wouldn't just rip the magwell out.

I did not follow the instructions though. It says to basically put it on and then push it back all the way but there was no way I was going to make that work so I kind of got the lips to catch on the front and then rotated it on so the rear section lines up with the plug hole.

Name:  IMG_20200801_162749.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  101.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20200801_162809.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  36.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20200801_162826.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  77.8 KB
    I think it is designed for the full size gen 5 grips; I see you have a g19. It looks pretty good!

User Tag List