Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need help - Spyderco Delica Reboot

You'll spend as much or more getting it repaired aftermarket as a new one would cost you.
    Throw it in a glove box or tool box as an emergency spare and get something new for your pocket. Or swap the clip over and use it as a backup on your left side.

Site Supporter
    I use a lanyard on my Spyderco. The clip is fine I just like the low profile look of the lanyard.
    Name:  20200714_154008.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  46.0 KB

I bet with the right expoy you could rebuild the area that is worn away.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    When I started working in an office with a no weapons policy I just slipped my spyderco in my pocket. I don’t work in an office anymore but I’m still just slipping my endura in my pocket. If that was my knife I would remove the clip and add a lanyard. If I wanted a clip I would just buy a new spyderco. But then I have a bunch of spydercos. I even have pairs set up as left handed or right handed clips

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I even have pairs set up as left handed or right handed clips
    That is how I buy and set up most folding knives as well.

Surprised about their response. I suspect if you sent it in to them with a note, they would just fix it.

If it were me, I'd have an excuse to buy a new one, with the liners and better clip attachment. Then, I would epoxy the clip and screw right in place on the old one, and have it as a spare in the toolbox or camping gear or a hand me down/gift for a friend or family member who thinks 420 stainless is a knife steel and not a paperweight.

Site Supporter
    I never use the pocket clips on my knives and sometimes even take them off. In this case, I'd put this knife in the "extras" pile and get a new one. You might also put it in your shave kit for when you travel. I was on vacation a few years back and lost my Spyderco Dragonfly. I was happy to have one of my older knives as a ready replacement. My vacation would have been completely ruined had it not been for that backup pocket knife! (Please forgive my hyperbole and keep in mind that a significant portion of our content here is dedicated to enabling. I'm just trying to do my part.)

I took some cheap cord I had on-hand and tied something up. Not sure how I feel about it. I'll give it a shot for a few days, but honestly feel that I'll probably go back to the clip with epoxy.

In other news, I spent about 2 hours with my Lansky set trying to get this edge up to speed. I started all the way at the most coarse and took it down to the fine ceramic using the 20 deg notch. I don't really like this system and ended up just using the fine and ultra-fine stones to free-hand a good edge on the blade.

Like I said, man I'm not a knife guy.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Couldn’t hang with the lanyard. Put the clip on and carried it yesterday. Was reminded how nice a blade it really is.

Name:  2FF4DBEE-AF50-4D81-AFA2-968B03801175.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  87.3 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    A flat ground Delica 4 would be a really nice step up. But this gen are nice, too.

User Tag List