Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wyoming Sight Drifter

Wyoming Sight Drifter

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    That is a Bronson Rock tool.
    I think it was originally developed by the Russians as an AK field tool. The Rockskie, only layer to be replaced by the Rockskie M.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I could not lay down my money fast enough for this thing.

https://www.wyomingsightdrifter.com/

Hope it works as advertised. Anyone here have experience with it? It seems like a genius idea.
    I can’t remember where I heard about this, maybe here, but I ordered one a few weeks ago. Best $35 I’ve ever spent.

Ultimate test would be on a Beretta PX4 or a Norinco 1911 rear sight. If it can move them, it can move anything.

PS - I was able to break loose the PX4 rear sight after much swearing and cursing. I could NOT move the Norinco rear, and that was after getting so pissed I let out a war cry, grabbed a 20lb dumbbell, and bashed the living crap out of the brass sight pusher - didn't move a bit.)
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Any updates on how these work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Ultimate test would be on a Beretta PX4 or a Norinco 1911 rear sight. If it can move them, it can move anything.

PS - I was able to break loose the PX4 rear sight after much swearing and cursing. I could NOT move the Norinco rear, and that was after getting so pissed I let out a war cry, grabbed a 20lb dumbbell, and bashed the living crap out of the brass sight pusher - didn't move a bit.)
    I saw one Norinco 1911 where the rear sight dovetail was not completely machined and the rear sight was swedged/jammed into the slide. I think the factory installs the rear sights with a hydraulic ram press. Luckily the slide was to be machined with a Novak dovetail. I think the low machinability of the Norinco slides, often conflated with hardness, leads to some of the issues with Norinco 1911 pistols. I am quite impressed by how much pistol one gets (in the USA, got) for the price.

Site Supporter
    Picked up a new Ruger 22/45 the other day and the rear sight was not entered in the dovetail. I know its an adjustable sight, but that bugged me. Round slide obviously didn't fit in any of my sight pushers so I ordered on of these. Works great - fixed it sitting here at my computer.

I just now ordered one. It looks different/better than the original. Hope it works as well as you all have testified.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Certainly this looks like a nice field-expedient tool.

(My long-ago AP Physics classes do make me cringe a bit at their ad copy line… “uses kinetic energy instead of an awkward hammer and punch”)

Site Supporter
    The comment above about a sight mounted on a round component persuaded me to order one. It will not replace a sight pusher, but could be nice to keep in my range bag just in case. Neither of the sight pushers I own will handle a rounded component.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Tonight I changed the Novak tritium sights on my Kimber 1911 to the same with fresh tritium. My MGW sight mover was completely unable to budge the rear sight. The Wyoming sight drifter was able to move it a little at a time while the slide was still in the MGW base. Since one kid had gone to bed and the other was close to doing the same, I switched to a less expensive pusher that gave me more leverage. I was able to get the old rear sight out and new sight in, at a cost of ruining the screw threads on the less expensive pusher before the sight was centered. Only then was I able to complete the centering with the MGW tool.

The Wyoming tool is very worth having even if you also have nicer tools.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List