Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyoming Sight Drifter

Site Supporter
    I will be interested in the level of precision that can be achieved. Using an MGW sight pusher and a digital caliper, I can get a dovetail sight centered on a slide to within a couple thousandths of an inch.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I will be interested in the level of precision that can be achieved. Using an MGW sight pusher and a digital caliper, I can get a dovetail sight centered on a slide to within a couple thousandths of an inch.
    I get that but it is a total PITA to take the slide in and out of the MGW to check alignment after each small adjustment. If you have a way to measure alignment while it is locked in the pusher please share.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I get that but it is a total PITA to take the slide in and out of the MGW to check alignment after each small adjustment. If you have a way to measure alignment while it is locked in the pusher please share.
    I have no such way, and will typically remove and reinstall the slide multiple times until I get it right. I prefer to know that the sights are where I need them to be for the next 5-6 years until I need to replace the tritium.

Site Supporter
    I have one posted about it a while ago in the ask the armor section. It's great IMO. I've removed both px4 and infamous XD sights with it.

As for precision, with a bit of practice I have been able to adjust the sights very well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; 07-14-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Interesting for sure. Reminds me of a slide hammer. If it can move M&P sights I would be impressed!

I’m intrigued but skeptical. If it has enough force to easily move tight pistol sights, will it risk breaking tritium vials?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montana Sight Drifter. Works fairly well to drift sights. Maybe not so good for the pistol's finish.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Montana Sight Drifter. Works fairly well to drift sights. Maybe not so good for the pistol's finish.

That is a Bronson Rock tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

Dude, we’re you spying on me the last time I was at the range with my Glock? I used the plier tips from a multi tool and a rock with the pistol on the tailgate of my pickup bed to drift the rear a bit...didn’t work that great though...but worth a try...

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    ...didn’t work that great though...but worth a try...
    I've seen many a S&W adjustable rear sight buggered up with knife blades.

User Tag List