Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wyoming Sight Drifter

Hammertime
    I found my G19 rear sight like this:

Name:  0942F11F-0B7C-442A-ADEF-40FE23875ACF.jpeg
Views: 585
Size:  95.2 KB

Luckily I had the Wyoming sight drifter in the range bag and it worked like a charm. I just wish I knew what I did to get the sight knocked over in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I found my G19 rear sight like this:

Name:  0942F11F-0B7C-442A-ADEF-40FE23875ACF.jpeg
Views: 585
Size:  95.2 KB

Luckily I had the Wyoming sight drifter in the range bag and it worked like a charm. I just wish I knew what I did to get the sight knocked over in the first place!
    Ameriglo? This isn't the first time this month I've seen photos/read stories of Ameriglo Glock rear sights spontaneously drifting themselves in optic-equipped Glocks..

Edited to add - I wish I had thought of this tool (I have one in my range bag) before I shipped my last 1911 off...it's rear sight was put in but TIGHT; my MGW wouldn't budge it at all. I sent it off to have it removed by the folks who installed it in the first place...now I realize that this thing might have helped Oh well.
    Last edited by Evil_Ed; 10-12-2021 at 06:19 AM.

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    I just this minute ordered one of these. At the range yesterday to vet my newest G19 I realized that I had not pushed my rear sight the proper for me and required “ 2 hairs to the right” of center when installing. Of course my MGW was at home on my bench. The RO had one of these in his bag and was tickled to show off this little wonder. Loosen the two set screws, 3 “ blows” with the tool and good to go!
    Of course I couldn't remember the name of it until I saw this thread so….Thanks again PF.
    Last edited by CHNEAL; 10-12-2021 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Ameriglo? This isn't the first time this month I've seen photos/read stories of Ameriglo Glock rear sights spontaneously drifting themselves in optic-equipped Glocks..
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....be-White-class

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    It is an Ameriglo and pistol and sight are both pretty new. That is concerning. I don’t remember dropping or banging the gun on anything.

Back up red dot for irons

Doc, that’s why I like red dots plus irons… redundancy.

The people who won’t use dots because they question reliability… I’ve had irons have issues like this in the past.

Now for Glocks I’ll make sure the dovetail is degreased well and sometimes I’ll use just a little E6000 or a smidge of blue loctite for the install. I do that for front sights too as they tend to rotate a little sometimes depending on the fit.

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    Kinda makes me wish I had sights that need a tap…

Name:  E8D9237C-1A53-4265-B6B9-B77C387E1A0E.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  62.1 KB

Bumping back up… has anyone tried the double ended version? Does it have any advantages over the original? The website pics don’t show much.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I saw this thread a few weeks ago and ordered the "standard" sight drifter. Tried it tonight for the first time putting a 10-8 sight on a Glock slide. They're not the tightest fitting sights by any means, but they generally require more effort than Ameriglo, for example. They are also squared and not angled on the sides so my MGW Glock sight pusher does not work with the suppressor height ones.

Worked line a charm. I particularly liked being able to lightly tap the sight to move it just a little bit. Very impressed.

I will try with some other guns in coming weeks and try to remember to update the thread.

Thank you for the reminder - I’ve been wanting one of these for awhile. I just ordered a single ended model for my range bag.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List