Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guitars with eyes closed

Guitars with eyes closed

We should do this shooting pistols with eyes closed…

@Totem Polar
    @Lex Luthier

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    We should do this shooting pistols with eyes closed…

@Totem Polar
    @Lex Luthier
    Heh. I know that dude.

Along those lines, ballistic radio guy John Johnston shot and passed his state's CCW qual blindfolded and posted the clip to his social media. Pretty funny.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Heh. I know that dude.

Along those lines, ballistic radio guy John Johnston shot and passed his state's CCW qual blindfolded and posted the clip to his social media. Pretty funny.
    I like the comments of the broken in $300 Yamaha beating the expensive “decoration” set up guitar as a Glock versus whatever $$$ fancy gun. Exactly right. Playability/ shootability matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Do you think John Johnston gave even a moment's thought to the probable / possible effect his stunt on his state's next revision to their CCW qual?

Duces

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Do you think John Johnston gave even a moment's thought to the probable / possible effect his stunt on his state's next revision to their CCW qual?

Duces
    That might have been his point... Just sayin.

JCN totally see your point and agree,

But to your point, since it’s the internet, why should we care what a person on the internet or a YouTube video thinks?

Gonna give it a try next time I go to the range. Shooting blindfolded may improve my groups!

A lot of musicians judge how good the sound of their gear is with their eyes.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Being a bit of a guitar player I have watched a number of these, though never one with classical guitars. The two big take aways here were the skill of the guitarist and how much difference a well set up guitar can make. I have a few guitars but my easiest one to play well is a cheap Fender acoustic that I had set up by a left handed professional set up guy. (I am a lefty)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A lot of musicians judge how good the sound of their gear is with their eyes.
    Not necessarily, in my experience. At least not people who actually play.

User Tag List