Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: The Gadget (article)

  1. #11
    Hoplophilic doc SAWBONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Third Dimension
    My only non-Gadget Glocks are two G30s and a G21, and if Tau Development ever tooled up for the .45 Auto guns, I'd get SCDs for those guns too, even though none of them are being used for CCW any more.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

  2. #12
    Site Supporter farscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Athens, AL, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    My only non-Gadget Glocks are two G30s and a G21, and if Tau Development ever tooled up for the .45 Auto guns, I'd get SCDs for those guns too, even though none of them are being used for CCW any more.
    My G21.2 has a Gadget. As far as I know, every Glock with the possible exception of the Glock 44 is supported with a Gadget.

  3. #13
    HAS ELECTROLYTES LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    My only non-Gadget Glocks are two G30s and a G21, and if Tau Development ever tooled up for the .45 Auto guns, I'd get SCDs for those guns too, even though none of them are being used for CCW any more.
    It is already capable of that.

    The SCD works with all Glock pistols. There are models available for Gen5 (which also includes the 19X, 17M, 19M, and G45), Gen1-4 (models 17–41), Slimline 9mm (43, 43X, 48), and G42. The SCD is designed to work with OEM Glock triggers and aftermarket trigger components that do NOT alter pre-travel compared to the stock trigger.
    https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/pr...control-device
    #RESIST

  4. #14
    Hoplophilic doc SAWBONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Third Dimension
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    My G21.2 has a Gadget. As far as I know, every Glock with the possible exception of the Glock 44 is supported with a Gadget.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Thank you both for bringing that to my attention!

    I'd thought that the wider slides of the .45 Auto guns would require a different SCD, but obviously never actually measured or looked closely.

    More good stuff learned on p-f!
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

  5. #15
    Supporting Business taudevgroup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    My G21.2 has a Gadget. As far as I know, every Glock with the possible exception of the Glock 44 is supported with a Gadget.
    This is correct. A G44 variant should be available later this year.

    I'm not sure why it's confusing when I say Gen1-4 Models 17-41, that I really mean all Gen1 through Gen4 models from the 17 to the 41, but it obviously is since I get a LOT of people asking if some random .45ACP or 10mm model Glock is, or will be, supported.

    It is apparently also confusing that when I say "Gen5 (also includes 19X, 17M, 19M, G45)" that I mean all guns marked Gen5 and also the 19X, 17M, 19M, and G45 (which are not labeled Gen5 but are mechanically/technically Gen5 guns) and not just the 19X, 17M, 19M, and G45.

    I'm sure I could write a longer explanation explicitly listing which models are supported by which SCD, but I don't think this is a "problem" that is going to be solved with more words.

  6. #16
    gulag bound blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns
    Quote Originally Posted by taudevgroup View Post
    This is correct. A G44 variant should be available later this year.

    I'm not sure why it's confusing when I say Gen1-4 Models 17-41, that I really mean all Gen1 through Gen4 models from the 17 to the 41, but it obviously is since I get a LOT of people asking if some random .45ACP or 10mm model Glock is, or will be, supported.

    It is apparently also confusing that when I say "Gen5 (also includes 19X, 17M, 19M, G45)" that I mean all guns marked Gen5 and also the 19X, 17M, 19M, and G45 (which are not labeled Gen5 but are mechanically/technically Gen5 guns) and not just the 19X, 17M, 19M, and G45.

    I'm sure I could write a longer explanation explicitly listing which models are supported by which SCD, but I don't think this is a "problem" that is going to be solved with more words.
    How to say "f^^k you" and still win hearts and minds.

    (It helps if you have a great product, too.)
    Every day I convince myself that I can't be more disgusted by what I see our country willingly turning itself into...
    ...and then I find out the next morning just how wrong I was.

  7. #17
    King of Craft Clusterfrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Redneck wonderland
    I love the SCD/Gadget. I have come to the point where I consider it essential for any Glock that will be carried.

    I really wish a SCD was available for the CZ P10 series. @taudevgroup, is this possible? If so, how many pre-orders would it take to make this happen?
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-15-2020 at 11:12 AM.
    "BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You don’t really graduate from certain problems or certain things… like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

  8. #18
    All of my glocks have gadgets.

    I still occasionally get people asking about them in classes, but all of the instructors seem to know what's up.

    2 things I talk up in just about every class I take, LULAs and gadgets...
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

  9. #19
    Member jd950's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    My P2XX Sig pistols came with something similar from the factory, although they call it a hammer ;-)

    Seriously, I am glad to see so much love for these things, I think they are a great idea and if I had a Glock I would quickly install one (if permitted). I wish they were available for other platforms like the M&P and P320 (although I understand why they are not)

  10. #20
    Supporting Business taudevgroup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I really wish a SCD was available for the CZ P10 series. @taudevgroup, is this possible? If so, how many pre-orders would it take to make this happen?
    Copy/paste of my standard P-10C response:

    In general, if it’s possible to create a safe, reliable, robust, and affordable drop-in Striker Control Device, with an adequate margin of safety, for a gun with a meaningful market share we will do it.

    While all striker fired designs are capable of having SCD-like functionality, some designs (like those with partially tensioned strikers – Glock, S&W SD9/40, CZ P-10, Walther PPS, etc.) are more amenable to an aftermarket drop-in device than others (like those with fully tensioned strikers — S&W M&P, HK VP9, Sig P320 & P365, Walther PPQ, etc.).

    There's a chance for a CZ P-10 SCD, but with a simple Glock-style SCD the angled rear face of the striker/firing pin causes problems (it's like a wheel chock and changes the force vector due to striker movement from straight to the rear to towards the hinge pin which causes the pivoting portion of the SCD to bind and not just freely swing out of the way). I can probably find a way to work around it and may eventually release an SCD for the P-10, but it's not coming anytime soon.
    We no longer do pre-orders or back-orders because when we did in the past, no matter how often or accurately I sent updates on when orders would ship, I'd get a non-trivial number of customers that would send angry emails demanding to know when their order would ship (this, without fail, would start 3 weeks before the estimated ship date I gave them when they placed their order). While I'm sure you'd never do something like that, as a matter of policy now we just don't take money from customers unless we have the product on hand and ready to ship. It just isn't worth the aggravation. Sorry.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •