Thread: Atlanta Georgia sitrep?

Atlanta Georgia sitrep?

Hey there, headed to downtown Atlanta early next month with my family and wanted to get some information from any residents / nearby folks. It sounded like there was some substantial unrest, wanted to get a general sense of the current safety level of the city. I am regularly in places like DC / Philly / Baltimore, so not uberconcerned about the typical big city issues. This more in relation to the rioting around the police shooting AND the subsequent depolicing.

Any info would be most appreciated.

Site Supporter
    If you regularly visit DC, Philly, Baltimore you probably will fit right in with downtown Atlanta. The area around the mythical Wendys off University seems to be cleared for the moment - local news is showing crews demolishing that Wendys. Not hearing as much about police calling in sick - not sure. A few shootings, murders, hit and runs reported from last night on local news - slow night for Atlanta mayhem. Local politicians in Atlanta (Democrats) focused on CV19 and insuring that schools and businesses stay closed as long as possible or at least until November.

Life is good 47 miles NW of downtown Atlanta.

Site Supporter
    It probably depends on where specifically you need to go. My wife commutes into the south end of Buckhead a few days per week and hasn't had any difficulty. But things may be different in Midtown and downtown.

ETA: it sounds like ranger is more up on the Atlanta news.

Robinson nailed it. I have been driving through downtown on I-75/85 1-2 times per week and the only thing unusual (other than less traffic) is there are sometimes GSP cars blocking exits south of town. I think the worst is happening south of downtown, but am not sure of that or exact locales.

I live about 10 miles south of Ranger and if it were not for the media coverage I would not know anything unusual was happening. That said, I would not personally get off the interstate in an area I was not familiar with anywhere near downtown.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

User Tag List