Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Similar fit / feel / positioning to CCC Shaggy holster?

Similar fit / feel / positioning to CCC Shaggy holster?

I have a well-loved Shaggy that is my solo CCW holster. It works great for me with virtually no need to dress around the gun.

I need a new holster and sadly it looks like Custom Carry Concepts is no more. Can anyone who has used a Shaggy in the past (or currently) name another option that fits / operates similarly?

I think the JMCK standard AIWB looks promising (would probably pass on the whole foam wedge deal) but it would be awesome if someone who has owned both could comment.

I can't speak to the Shaggy, but if you haven't tried a holster with a foam wedge, I wouldn't write it off. I'm carrying almost exclusively in either a 17 or 34 length JMCK Wing Claw 2.0. Compared to the latest version of the Tenicor Velo, the foam wedge works better at tucking the grip into the body than any of the built-in "body contours" or "teardrops" I've ever used. I also find the foam wedge allows me to wear my belt a little looser than when I'm not using a foam wedge. I used to think the foam wedges would have to constantly be replaced but that hasn't been the case. They won't last forever, but worst-case I'd call them "mildly semi-consumable".

I have a Shaggy and as much as I like it, I've found that many companies (especially Phlster, Raven, and Tenicor) have continued to innovate and improve AIWB holsters. I also think the wedges work and I even ended up adding one to my Shaggy prior to switching to other AIWB holsters.

Another advantage is that production speed has largely increased and the prices have decreased, so trying a new holster isn't as big of a commitment anymore.

A keeper is the closest.

Having had both I can saw a keeper is better unit in all ways.

Comes with a bunch of wedge sizes

For my body type and worn position, a wedge is 100% required

Name:  5C957C78-6DCB-4A9C-8838-A58E00DAB842.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  36.0 KB

Site Supporter
    @jc000 What gun? I have an unused Shaggy for the HK P2000SK, if that's what you carry.

I loved the Shaggy, but switched to a G19 in a JMCK 2.0 with foam wedge and quit looking at holsters after that. Love the JMCK, even better than Shaggy. Although the wedge did take some adjusting (height wise), once I found the sweet spot it's been smooth sailing. Much better concealment all around.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I find the JMCK George to be comparable. I miss the layer of leather, I thought it was a good idea.
    Ignore Alien Orders

All good thoughts…

What gun? I have an unused Shaggy for the HK P2000SK, if that's what you carry.
    Thank you @RoyGBiv, appreciate the thought, needing for a P30.

A keeper is the closest.

Having had both I can saw a keeper is better unit in all ways.

Comes with a bunch of wedge sizes

For my body type and worn position, a wedge is 100% required
    Lol, what are you trying to make me feel bad with your body shot??? In all seriousness, I will look into the Keeper, forgot about those.

I have a Shaggy and as much as I like it, I've found that many companies (especially Phlster, Raven, and Tenicor) have continued to innovate and improve AIWB holsters. I also think the wedges work and I even ended up adding one to my Shaggy prior to switching to other AIWB holsters.
    Raven and Tenicor aren't options at this point looks like, but I should look into PHLster

I Can certainly appreciate not wanting to Jack with a kydex holster

But if you want to add leather/Velcro/yoga block/lower the sweat guard/ make new holes etc To make it be a better tool did you then you should

Name:  E4B66911-DC5A-4A04-9C66-7F71DBED50AC.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  72.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Thank you @RoyGBiv, appreciate the thought, needing for a P30.
    Dude...

He has a P2000sk Shaggy for you, and I have a P2000 Shaggy I could give you. But no, you've got to be all hipster 2010-ish with your P30...
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Dude...

He has a P2000sk Shaggy for you, and I have a P2000 Shaggy I could give you. But no, you've got to be all hipster 2010-ish with your P30...
    Ahhhhhh… the P2000 shaggy is the shaggy I currently own 😢

This is what I get for being difficult.

User Tag List