Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Berkeley may become first US city to ban cops from making traffic stops

Berkeley may become first US city to ban cops from making traffic stops

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...traffic-stops/

So what percent of citizens are going to pull over for non police officers?

PS Wonder if this will bring back camera enforcement like red lights but expanded to speeding...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    [URL]PS Wonder if this will bring back camera enforcement like red lights but expanded to speeding...
    They have those in the UK.

Chris

I wonder what officers of this new Department of Transportation will be expected to do when the person they pulled over happens to have a warrant or is driving away from the location where they just committed a violent crime.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I'm very much looking forward to how this pans out.

I wonder if the County and State are gonna step up their enforcement in Berkeley. Don’t think they would care about that silly ordinance.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    I'm very much looking forward to how this pans out.
    Name:  FFFBEEFF-67B2-472F-A408-4E9268C5FC37.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  35.7 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I wonder if the County and State are gonna step up their enforcement in Berkeley. Don’t think they would care about that silly ordinance.
    I doubt it, imagine what the Berkeley city DA/prosecutors would do to a county/state cop that had a justified shooting.

#SmileAndWaveBoys
    #RESIST

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I doubt it, imagine what the Berkeley city DA/prosecutors would do to a county/state cop that had a justified shooting.

#SmileAndWaveBoys
    There's no 'City DA'.....its the Alameda County DAs Office that has jurisdiction. They have for years had an outstanding reputation among California LE. That may be changing with some recent statements and policies showing some 'woke' sensibilities. Time will tell. The CHP will still do their job on state highways, and the Sheriffs Office will do their jobs in county areas...but no one is going to step into that pig pen. The ACSO recently withdrew from mutual aid agreements during the riots, and refused to provide Mobile Field Forces, when they were told by several cities (Berkeley among them i think) that they could not employ impact projectiles, gas, tear gas, etc. The Sheriffs response was "Okay....then we ain't coming."

Can't wait to see what their insurance rates do.....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Can't wait to see what their insurance rates do.....
    I was jut about to say that! But then, why have insurance/registration/plates? What are the consequences?

User Tag List