Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SRO Dot size

@Les Pepperoni
    See pics here. 2.5 MOA on right. I have since compared to two other 5moa versions that other shooters have and still can’t tell a difference in dot size or brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    @Les Pepperoni
    See pics here. 2.5 MOA on right. I have since compared to two other 5moa versions that other shooters have and still can’t tell a difference in dot size or brightness.
    I have been seeing posts online that Trijicon may be getting rid of the 2.5MOA SRO in favor of just having the 5 MOA model. Maybe when they repaired yours they just used whatever parts they put in a 5.0?

Just now, I compared a 2.5 side-by-side with a 5.0. I can’t get a decent picture to save my life, but the 5.0 definitely appears larger than the 2.5.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks for the info - I really appreciate it!

I'll probably go with a 5 - I've been dryfiring a -2.5- 3 (corrected) dot on Sports Shooting USA game, and it is a bit too small - I seems to lose it once in a while.

Site Supporter
    I use the 5.0 SRO. I originally had a 2.5, but once I got the 5.0, I sold the 2.5. I could definitely tell a difference in dot size, and the 5.0 appeared more round to my eye.

Funny, I’ve gone from 6 (R1) to 3.5 (RMR) to 2.5 SRO and now prefer 1.0 SRO (cranked up when needed). As fast for me as anything else, precise when you need it.

I find the 1.0 SRO promotes target focus more, for me.

I had an option to get a deal on a sig Romeo Pro pistol red dot. Having played with an issued 6MOA dot, I opted for the 3MOA. But I have yet to see the 3 MOA I ordered. I just assumed I could crank up the dot for a larger dot, like I can on an aim point T1.

It’s paid for, but on back order. I should know in a month or two.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

This is a bit of a digression but IMO the 5MOA is the way to go. Most of us are shooting guns that are roughly 2.5" at 25 yards, that's a 10MOA gun. The sense of precision with a smaller dot like 1MOA is deceptive as your gun almost certainly doesn't group tighter than the 5MOA dot diameter unless you have a very nice custom gun.

The reason I don't like using a smaller dot turned up bright is because in addition to appearing larger, the dot itself ends up brighter and draws the eye, which makes it harder to actually target focus without being distracted by dot movement.

Ben Stoeger talks about running his dot turned down as low as possible so it is not pulling his eyes to the dot. Alternately, he says in practice to turn it so bright, you don’t dare look at it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List