Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USMC fielding suppressors to all infantry squads starting this year

Oh hell yes.

Bravo Zulu devil dogs.

Really good idea.

I mean, I've already seen liberated suppressors floating around in the greater Eastern and Central NC areas, pretty sure most of those came from kits or one off special unit purchases back in the day with the good old contingency funding but..... well, they are out there.... I personally don't want to touch a illegal can with a ten foot pole, they ain't that cool, and this is coming from a guy who has plenty of them now but had held off for a long time....

After most of 2nd Mar Div got back from Trident Juncture in Norway back in 2018, my buddies gun shop had a influx of dudes coming in for a few months trying to find out how to register the cans they had bought over the counter in Norway. Over there it's easier to buy a suppressor than a pocket knife, and they are cheap..... 200 to a few hundred bucks at most.... Most of the dudes had no idea that they couldn't just register the things once they got them back to the States.... Haven't seen any of them for a minute, guess they are all tucked away in the same location with all the "lost" WW2 era MG's from back in the day, and expensive ass optics and lasers that always seem to turn up at surprisingly affordable prices, almost as if their "owners' have no idea how much this stuff really costs..... again more things I don't want to touch and a reason my buddy keeps NCIS/ CID as a setting on the speed dial for the shop phone....
    Last edited by rcbusmc24; 07-16-2020 at 03:35 PM.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Yea. But why

It’s a fucking inert metal tube

I’ve got a whole book of stamps. I love short and quiet things.

But the suppressor registry is just window licker stupid.

Prevents no murders....saves no children....

“Hey how could we turn the most unless machine thing into reality?”
    It's the way we do things here. Absolutely no rhyme or reason to any of it. I've been waiting on a background check for a week and I just got one 3 weeks ago. I also have a concealed pistol permit. I could be waiting another week according to state law. Makes me want to buy a dozen AR lowers just to say kiss my ass. I don't even own an AR.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

1) USMC Field Suppressors to all Infantry Squads - Excellent. Regardless of KAC NT4 or whatever, it's about time that suppressors became standard issue equipment for boots on the ground. No, they aren't 'hearing safe', but the reduction in blast and pressure + reduction in noise will make whatever cheapo hearing plugs issued more effective. I view this as win-win-win.

2) RE: Suppressor regs - Wouldn't matter if we got rid of NFA - states would just regulate the shit out of suppressors wherever possible. I'm sitting in a place right now, where the mere possession of a registered suppressor part carries a 10-year prison term...In some ways, I prefer dealing with the Feds, because at least there is a single unit to deal with. Most states just defer to the NFA for regulatory needs in this regard, making it easier to deal with these types of things. Yea, I think inert tubes of metal being regulated is dumb too. I think that being able to get rammed in the ass for 10-years, in the panopticon house of the Stateville Correctional Center, for having a piece of rubber that is a suppressor wipe is even stupider...

I guess my point re: 2, we can't put the genie back in the bottle regarding silencer regulations. Whether we eliminate the NFA or not. At least with the NFA, as annoying as it is, there is a more centralized set of regulations, instead of a patchwork of state regulations that vary when you drive over an arbitrary invisible line.

I imagine this could be valuable in enhancing squad communications.

Then again, I'm old enough to remember using (or at least trying to use) whistle blasts to signal squad/platoon actions.

It can get kinda loud when the whole platoon opens up.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    2) RE: Suppressor regs - Wouldn't matter if we got rid of NFA - states would just regulate the shit out of suppressors wherever possible.
    Some would, but many (maybe even most) wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    At least with the NFA, as annoying as it is, there is a more centralized set of regulations, instead of a patchwork of state regulations that vary when you drive over an arbitrary invisible line.
    Following that logic, we should all hope for a new federal AWB so we can get rid of this patchwork of state regulations for semi-auto rifles. Everyone gets to be California or New York!

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Some would, but many (maybe even most) wouldn't.
    I would not bet on that at all. States already regulate suppressors, they just do so, by adopting the standard of, "If it's registered with the NFA it's legal." If there is no NFA, they lose their federal regulatory oversight in this regard, most states will likely either adopt internal registration, requirements for background checks to purchase, and pass (more) laws regarding the use of suppressors (if they don't have them already).

Following that logic, we should all hope for a new federal AWB so we can get rid of this patchwork of state regulations for semi-auto rifles. Everyone gets to be California or New York!
    Following that logic, a state should not be allowed to ban NFA items, just 'cause they want too.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I think pretty much all of us agree the restrictions on ownership of suppressors is stupid, but let's keep this thread on the USMC topic.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List