Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Double Stacks and raccoon-sized hands

-double post-
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 07-17-2020 at 01:21 AM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Regarding shooting low-left with Glocks:

I learned way back when cops were still shooting revolvers (my academy class) that shooting low and to the left (with apologies to our left handed friends who shoot low right) is because of a lack of or improper trigger control. I was told not to move the sights, rather to learn proper DA trigger press. I subsequently taught that to close to 1500 people while I was a professional firearms instructor, and still do when asked to help someone learn defensive pistol craft. There is no reason the same principle doesn't apply to Glocks or any other brand of firearm.

I am reminded of a saying I picked up from the military: Improvise; Adapt; and Overcome! Emphasis on the "overcome" part.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I'll chime in.

The P250C continues to ride in my duty holster. But, subsequent to acquiring a BHP and a Ruger Night Watchman Commander, I am considering a new duty gun...with a short trigger and thumb safety. While a Sig P365/365XL w/TS would do yeoman duty as a CCW piece, duty holsters are about non-existent. The low $$$ answer is a S&W M&P9c 2.0 w/TS versus going all-in on a 1911 duty set up.

Still weighing my options. I am honestly envious of you folks who have digits slightly longer than mine.
    I have broad hands and short fingers and have about given up on service-pistol-size handguns, most of which have given me problems ever since I tried to find a replacement for my Browning Hi-Power (and I'm unsure why I even bothered). Recently, I've tried many types, including Glock G19G4, CZ PCR, Walther PPQ and have given them all up.

Currently the BHP and the H&K P30S (both with a manual safety) are my only service pistols, but I seldom conceal either - I carry a Glock G43 (or smaller) and am considering a Sig P365 if I can find an LE model. I'm seriously considering abandoning the larger style entirely. Again, why bother? I live a J-Frame lifestyle, so why do I need a larger handgun? Are the larger ones more accurate? Probably they are for others, but my older eyes can't focus on pistol sights anyway, so all my pistols are about equally accurate for me.

User Tag List