Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Administration Denies Reconstruction Funding for MN

Administration Denies Reconstruction Funding for MN

https://www.startribune.com/feds-den...ots/571715162/

No ill will towards our MN members intended, but I think this is the right decision. The USG must not encourage states to abdicate their responsibilities and then reward them for it.

Want funds to help rebuild, Governor Walz and Mayor Frey? Maybe not opt to allow people to burn shit down to begin with. Get fucked, and lie in the bed you made for yourself.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

No ill will towards our MN members intended, but I think this is the right decision. The USG must not encourage states to abdicate their responsibilities and then reward them for it.

Want funds to help rebuild, Governor Walz and Mayor Frey? Maybe not opt to allow people to burn shit down to begin with. Get fucked, and lie in the bed you made for yourself.

I guess I'm more surprised they had the nerve to ask for it.

Even better.
    Offer any small business or individual who had their property destroyed a low/zero interest loan to rebuild... in another state.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

I am sure they will raise the same argument when Florida gets hit by the next hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I am sure they will raise the same argument when Florida gets hit by the next hurricane.
    They might but IMO it would be pretty stupid. They had the means to prevent a good bit of that damage and chose not to.

As much as I would like to be onboard with this, it sure appears to a bit punitive to probably a lot of folks who just happen to have really shitty "elected leadership".

Just seems a mite petty to me.

Maybe the fed should come in and administer the process in person, vs just sending it to the state for disbursement.
    Good opportunity to win "hearts and minds".
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    They might but IMO it would be pretty stupid. They had the means to prevent a good bit of that damage and chose not to.
    Only a simpleton would think that damage that occurred as a direct result of deployable assets being ordered to stand aside is the same as damage from a natural disaster.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Name:  NotSureIfSerious.png
Views: 784
Size:  85.0 KB

I'm sure they might if the government down there commits abject malfeasance in furtherance of a social agenda. Though it's hard to see what is available for play in the ultra-lefts agenda during a hurricane.

Whoops!

AGW for the win!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Just seems a mite petty to me.
    As someone who lives in MN, it seems a lot petty to me. When we have the opportunity for a statewide popular vote on how assets get deployed, then the fed can do this shit.

Am I suddenly not an American now?

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Only a simpleton would think that damage that occurred as a direct result of deployable assets being ordered to stand aside is the same as damage from a natural disaster.
    I am sure the voters in that state will agree in the next Federal election.

User Tag List